Swiss 0.1

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
DSman59

Re: Swiss 0.1

Post by DSman59 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:17 pm

WiiPower wrote: Anybody knows a tools to check for fragmentation? So until fragmentation support is added, everybody should test his .isos with that.
I know that there is one on Windows. You have to select your drive>Properties>Tools>Defragment now.
Unfortunately, I use Linux and I don't know of any defragmentation tools for FAT on Linux :(
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:25 pm

My problem is:
I think there might be bad sectors in the middle of my sd card, so i just can't store 1.4 GB in one fragment. Or does the bad sector replacement on sd card work 100% transparent and the replacement get the same number as the bad sector?
gundamn

Post by gundamn » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:19 pm

is the sd card reader dol-019 from nintendo compatible? i can't get any game to work. resident evil zero ntsc freezes at the first gore and violence screen and f-zero gx pal freezes at the first screen too. any other game results in a black screen...
the cube is a pal rev 1.0. the 2gb sd card is from panasonic and not fragmented. i tried patching.
thank you
JPnintendo

Post by JPnintendo » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Hello. Can I use it on wii and try some games? I have Original, but imported games... my wii doesn`t load them ... (I played this games on my moded gc... but it is broken now :(
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:16 pm

JPnintendo wrote:Hello. Can I use it on wii and try some games? I have Original, but imported games... my wii doesn`t load them ... (I played this games on my moded gc... but it is broken now :(
NeoGamma should be able to load all of your retail discs, except if it's japan<->other region. Also, Swiss should be able to run most of your retail discs even when you use it on a Wii. Just not DVD-Rs when using a Wii.
safefortheozone

Post by safefortheozone » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:35 pm

The video test doesn't work. I'm still getting black screen issues even though my SD card is defragmented and I'm using a normal retail game in the drive. I'm trying to boot games people have confirmed working to no luck. My GameCube is a DOL-001, if that helps any.
LordGarfio

Post by LordGarfio » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:04 pm

WiiPower wrote:I think the new version will mostly only fix the green screen issues. Green screen freeze = >90% chance there's a video mode problem.

My black screen is related to reading from SD Gecko, if everything else is done from disc it works. I'm starting to think my cards are heavily used and have bad sectors in the middle.

Anybody knows a tools to check for fragmentation? So until fragmentation support is added, everybody should test his .isos with that.
To WiiPower:

WinContig works fine.

The Free File Defragmentation Tool

Code: Select all

http://wincontig.mdtzone.it/en/index.htm
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:27 am

LordGarfio wrote:
WiiPower wrote:I think the new version will mostly only fix the green screen issues. Green screen freeze = >90% chance there's a video mode problem.

My black screen is related to reading from SD Gecko, if everything else is done from disc it works. I'm starting to think my cards are heavily used and have bad sectors in the middle.

Anybody knows a tools to check for fragmentation? So until fragmentation support is added, everybody should test his .isos with that.
To WiiPower:

WinContig works fine.

The Free File Defragmentation Tool

Code: Select all

http://wincontig.mdtzone.it/en/index.htm
thanks i'll check that too, since i have similar issues...
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
JPnintendo

Post by JPnintendo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:56 am

WiiPower wrote:
JPnintendo wrote:Hello. Can I use it on wii and try some games? I have Original, but imported games... my wii doesn`t load them ... (I played this games on my moded gc... but it is broken now :(
NeoGamma should be able to load all of your retail discs, except if it's japan<->other region. Also, Swiss should be able to run most of your retail discs even when you use it on a Wii. Just not DVD-Rs when using a Wii.
Ok, I want to try Swiss... but I cant... I get Black screen or a "Gamecube Loader 1.1" with black screen... I installed cMIOS, but it doesn`t work... any idea of How can I load it from HBC or Forwader?
Ardiloso

Post by Ardiloso » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:03 am

gundamn wrote:is the sd card reader dol-019 from nintendo compatible? i can't get any game to work. resident evil zero ntsc freezes at the first gore and violence screen and f-zero gx pal freezes at the first screen too. any other game results in a black screen...
the cube is a pal rev 1.0. the 2gb sd card is from panasonic and not fragmented. i tried patching.
thank you
Resident Evil 0 NTSC doesn't work.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:10 am

"doesn't work" is just as good as sticking it on the compat list so I can look at it later..

I'm thinking of making a "emu_kidid's compat list" and if you see a game I've said isn't working then you're "Doing it wrong" :p (Just kidding)
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:11 am

JPnintendo wrote:
WiiPower wrote:
Ok, I want to try Swiss... but I cant... I get Black screen or a "Gamecube Loader 1.1" with black screen... I installed cMIOS, but it doesn`t work... any idea of How can I load it from HBC or Forwader?
Did you install Waninkoko's cMIOS? I can't recall a "Gamecube Loader 1.1". Waninkoko's cMIOS can't load gamecube homebrew -> no NeoGamma or Swiss
thesund0g

Post by thesund0g » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:31 am

emu_kidid wrote:I'm thinking of making a "emu_kidid's compat list" and if you see a game I've said isn't working then you're "Doing it wrong" :p (Just kidding)
Thankfully we have the wiki for that. :mrgreen:

Speaking of, I have a couple dozen retail games that I'd like to add to the compatibility list. I'd like to go ahead and get them ripped while I'm waiting on my EXI-IDE bus adapter. Is CleanRip on my Wii allright for Swiss or should I use another method? Should I trim or modify the image afterward?
thesund0g

Post by thesund0g » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:34 am

DSman59 wrote:The fragmentation on FAT is just awful - all the games I try give a black screen. I think it's because of framentation on the SD card.
That's silly. SD cards don't experience fragmentation as we're accustomed to thinking of it. Defragging one will do you no good. You might need to run chkdsk on it though, and check for bad sectors as well.
ignore

Post by ignore » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:28 am

I just realized that Resident Evil 4 NTSC does not work on the higher class card, but still working on a lower class card.
HoTep

Post by HoTep » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:52 am

Dear emu kiddid

I have a Question: At Swiss startup i can not choose the Speed how it was in sd-boot 0.4.
An Example: in sd-boot at start up i can choose 16 mhz or 32 mhz and Slot A or B. Paper mario in sd-boot works for me with 16 mhz but not with 32 mhz. And in swiss its always for me at 32 mhz . In sd-boot Paper mario at 32 mhz gives me Black Screen, 16 mhz it works.

I use a Pal Wii softmodded.

Or is in swiss an option to switch between 16 or 32 mhz ?

Sorry for my bad English and thanks for all the fantastic Projects !
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm going to re-add 16mhz mode - I'm pretty sure this is the cause for black screens as of late.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:20 pm

People getting black screens, please try the 16mhz speed for your SD cards and let me know!

New in svn revision 21:
- Re-added device speed selection
- Simplify Video forcing/patching (less green screen boot)
- Fixed pre-patched image check
- Fixed cheats scrolling being too fast
- Cheats file now should be placed in device root:\cheats.qch

also.

Using cheats:
Cheats are stored in a Qoob based file format, they may be edited/updated
using the included cheats editor. You may convert action replay codes using
GCNCrypt and then add those too.
Swiss comes with a embedded cheats database but if you have an updated one,
place it as device:\cheats.qch and it will picked up and loaded instead of
the internal cheats database.
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:41 pm

No luck. But something else, i don't understand the start sector value. It says it's 824256 on my 2 GB sd card with the 1.4 GB .iso. According to my math the file starts at 1.5x GB, which doesn't make any sense. And it is able to load the banner and patch the read.
Burbruee

Post by Burbruee » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Still no luck booting REmake NTSC with r21. (viper->sdload->swiss) Black screen.
s8n187

Post by s8n187 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:11 pm

howdy emu_kidid , i have tried the new SVN Rev 21 and still cant boot any games ive tried 3 so far.

F-Zero_GX_USA_NGC-STARCUBE
Beach_Spikers_PAL_NGC-DEATHCUBE
Super_Smash_Brothers_Melee_USA_PROPER_NGC-STINKYCUBE

I think im getting a different problem to what the others are experiencing ill give 2 examples............

With F-Zero_GX_USA_NGC-STARCUBE Swiss does its thing and it proceeds to Boot the game , it actually shows the first screen and freezes there and wont continue.

With Beach_Spikers_PAL_NGC-DEATHCUBE Swiss again attempts to Boot the game , the screen goes White with some garbled text in the bottom right corner it freezes there and wont continue what is supposed to happen with the text is it should say ' Now Loading.... '

hope this helps in getting mine and others problem solved

s8n
justNer

Post by justNer » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:20 pm

SVN Rev 21 with fast enabled works a lot smoother on IDE-EXI.
It's really looking good.
"Beyond good and evil - PAL" has minimal memory glitches, and is definitely playable now.
I haven't tried it on the Wii yet.
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:47 pm

s8n187 wrote:howdy emu_kidid , i have tried the new SVN Rev 21 and still cant boot any games ive tried 3 so far.

F-Zero_GX_USA_NGC-STARCUBE
Beach_Spikers_PAL_NGC-DEATHCUBE
Super_Smash_Brothers_Melee_USA_PROPER_NGC-STINKYCUBE

I think im getting a different problem to what the others are experiencing ill give 2 examples............

With F-Zero_GX_USA_NGC-STARCUBE Swiss does its thing and it proceeds to Boot the game , it actually shows the first screen and freezes there and wont continue.

With Beach_Spikers_PAL_NGC-DEATHCUBE Swiss again attempts to Boot the game , the screen goes White with some garbled text in the bottom right corner it freezes there and wont continue what is supposed to happen with the text is it should say ' Now Loading.... '

hope this helps in getting mine and others problem solved

s8n
It still could be related, it could be that it confirms that the game is not able to read the data. If a game shows a screen before it loads anything or not, completely depends on the way the game is written. So it could be that in all these cases the very 1st read from the game fails.

My problem with this is that it shouldn't freeze then, i have seen that games are able to show read error messages. And if there was random data read, i would expect other issues like, reboots, garbled mess on the screen, code dumps or game specific error messages.
gundamn

Post by gundamn » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Ardiloso wrote:
gundamn wrote:is the sd card reader dol-019 from nintendo compatible? i can't get any game to work. resident evil zero ntsc freezes at the first gore and violence screen and f-zero gx pal freezes at the first screen too. any other game results in a black screen...
thank you
Resident Evil 0 NTSC doesn't work.
Windwaker PAL should work but doesn't.
Snake10000

Post by Snake10000 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:01 pm

gundamn wrote:Windwaker PAL should work but doesn't.
by me too :(