Home Bros.

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
Extrems

Re: Home Bros.

Post by Extrems » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:13 pm

If it worked, the console would at least reset. GBI comes with converted files.
GCNlover

Post by GCNlover » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Well, whatever I was doing before was completely wrong. This time, I got Swiss to boot - amazing! This is great, running homebrew with no mods required. One final step: so currently my 251 memory card has the 0-00 save file for Melee and compressed Swiss. How do I also put GBI onto my memory card now? When I take the .gci files for GBI, they cannot transfer to the memory card even though there is enough space. It says that boot.dol is already on the memory card, and creates an error when trying to overwrite. Obviously this is some kind of issue with the dol2ci process using boot.dol for both GBI and Swiss - is there a workaround?

Basically I'm trying to use Swiss to launch GBI at 240p, and there is enough space for all of that on my memory card, I just can't figure out how to add GBI as a "file" for swiss to select.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:29 pm

The low latency version is guaranteed to run in 240p, the ultra-low latency version will run in either 240p or 480p.
GCNlover

Post by GCNlover » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:36 pm

Awesome, I'm just gonna go delete Swiss for now and run low latency in 240p then.

However, would it be possible in general for me to have both Swiss and GBI on the same card? I'd really never need to use a Datel SD at that point! Either way, thanks so much for this amazing program. Gonna go try low latency 240p right now....
GCNlover

Post by GCNlover » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:29 pm

Wow, GBI is truly amazing. Running regular GBI looks so blurry compared to the 240p GBI-LL. I'm playing on a 13" screen with no zoom settings, so I do want to make the Game Boy games "full screen." Is there any way to zoom the LL or ULL versions with arguments, or do those only apply to the regular GBI version?

Either way, I'm getting fairly frustrated trying to figure out how to get more .gci (converted from .dol) files added to the memory card, is this possible? Still trying to use Swiss to launch GBI all stored on the same 251 card, plenty of space, but GCMM won't let me add multiple .dols since they are all named boot.dol (which is mandatory to convert to .gci)...
saegiru

Post by saegiru » Thu May 05, 2016 1:24 pm

Extrems wrote:The low latency version is guaranteed to run in 240p, the ultra-low latency version will run in either 240p or 480p.
How do you get the ULL to run in 240p? I have mine hooked up via composite to my Sony BVM-20F1U but it definitely doesn't appear to be doing 240p... in seems interlaced actually. On LL mode it looks great, but ULL looks like crap. I have tried running it directly from SD Media Launcher, and from Swiss.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Thu May 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Composite isn't supported.
Kizul Emeraldfire

Post by Kizul Emeraldfire » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Apologies for the necro-bump, but I have a question.

I don't have a Memory Card with an SD slot on it*, and all I've got are Composite A/V cables (which are hooked up to a CRT television), but I want to use this exploit to run something that'll force the Game Boy Player to run in 240p mode: that way, I can enjoy playing my GBC and GBA games in glorious, crisp, Super Game Boy-esque quality.

I'm a complete newbie to GameCube homebrew stuff, so I want to know: what would be the best homebrew software to get for the purposes I'm wanting to use this exploit for?

Many thanks in advance! :D

*Yet, at least. I do have two light-gray Memory Cards, though — the biggest size Nintendo ever made — but I don't know if homebrew like Swiss or GBI would fit on it. :(
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:06 pm

GBI fits just fine on the smallest of memory cards, if that wasn't clear enough.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Kizul Emeraldfire wrote:Apologies for the necro-bump, but I have a question.

I don't have a Memory Card with an SD slot on it*, and all I've got are Composite A/V cables (which are hooked up to a CRT television), but I want to use this exploit to run something that'll force the Game Boy Player to run in 240p mode: that way, I can enjoy playing my GBC and GBA games in glorious, crisp, Super Game Boy-esque quality.

I'm a complete newbie to GameCube homebrew stuff, so I want to know: what would be the best homebrew software to get for the purposes I'm wanting to use this exploit for?

Many thanks in advance! :D

*Yet, at least. I do have two light-gray Memory Cards, though — the biggest size Nintendo ever made — but I don't know if homebrew like Swiss or GBI would fit on it. :(
Use any game exploit, you can fit Swiss and GBI on a 251 block memory card. Check http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph ... g_Homebrew for more info
Kizul Emeraldfire

Post by Kizul Emeraldfire » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:42 am

Well, I just figured out that I was — as usual — attempting to do everything the hardest way possible.

I discovered that instead of doing what I'd been doing (which was embarrassing and overall a waste of time), I could just load up Swiss, then use Swiss to force the Game Boy Player Start-up Disc to run in 240p. (I'll admit, Game Boy Interface is better than the GBP's official disc, but I couldn't get GBI to work the way I wanted it to, alas.)

Now, if I could just get Swiss and the Home Bros. save file to fit together on a 59-block Memory Card*, I'd be set! I wouldn't have to use any of my white Memory Cards for this! :D

Thank you, Dan Salvato and Extrems (for the Home Bros. exploit/hack), FIX94 (for "gbiargs"), and emu_kidid (for Swiss)!

*Which are actually the gray ones, it turns out. The gray Memory Cards are the SMALLEST ones Nintendo made; I'd meant the WHITE Memory Cards when I mentioned gray Memory Cards in my previous post. Whoops.

I have two white Memory Cards (Nintendo's largest size; 1019 blocks) and one gray Memory Card. I need to invest in a black one, I think.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:56 am

Kizul Emeraldfire wrote:I'll admit, Game Boy Interface is better than the GBP's official disc, but I couldn't get GBI to work the way I wanted it to, alas.
Can you expand on that?
Kizul Emeraldfire

Post by Kizul Emeraldfire » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:07 pm

Extrems wrote:
Kizul Emeraldfire wrote:I'll admit, Game Boy Interface is better than the GBP's official disc, but I couldn't get GBI to work the way I wanted it to, alas.
Can you expand on that?
Basically (as far as not being able to get it to work goes): I couldn't figure out how to get the 'game window', if you will, to fill the entire screen, nor how to turn off the frame-blending filter in the standard version of GBI. Additionally, the final time I tested out GBI, it for some reason started giving me bad tearing/flickeryness immediately upon loading a GBA game — specifically, it was Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World that I was using — when using the the standard version AND when using the regular Low-Latency version. :/

I blame SSBM for the flickeryness, though. :p As was said somewhere in the GBI thread, SSBM makes the Game Boy Player unstable for some reason.

FYI: I'm in the U.S.A., and this is an NTSC-U GameCube.

GBI is better than the GBP disc, though, because you can change the aspect ratios, and set the level of zoom to be a lot more than the GBP ever goes when it zooms in; it has native support for turbo buttons; and (in the standard version) the colors look a LOT better than the GBP's. :D
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:31 pm

• Added SD card support.
  • Fixed compatibility with CLI append hack.
XpertXP

Post by XpertXP » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:02 am

Can anyone tell me how to set this up for the Splinter Cell Exploit? I have no clue where to start.
I have the files downloaded from the other post, just no idea what to do next.
Thanks
dragojapan

Post by dragojapan » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:52 pm

save smash bross jap, comprobado solo restaurenlo con el gcmm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TL3ePZ ... sp=sharing
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:18 am

Put the boot forwarder and the hacked game save on a memcard with the help of GCMM on an homebrew enabled GC or Wii (genuine untouched Wii can be used with the help of the letterbomb exploit to run GCMM's Wii version).
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)