Hi, I would like some help

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
Himanattsu

Hi, I would like some help

Post by Himanattsu » Thu May 12, 2016 12:59 am

I need to know how to get GameBoy Interface on my Gamecube. I have a softmodded Wii with GCMM, and I don't see any guides.
andzlay

Re: Hi, I would like some help

Post by andzlay » Thu May 12, 2016 7:03 am

For example, if you want to use the "home bros" exploit the instructions are:
  1. Check the inner ring on the shiny side of the (Super Smash Bros) disc.
  2. Copy the matching (to your Super Smash Bros version) save file and a homebrew's (gci/savefile-file of the Game Boy interface version you want to use) to the MCBACKUP folder (on your SD card).
  3. Insert the prepared SD card and your memory card into your Wii.
  4. Load GCMM (on Wii).
  5. (Optional) Backup your memory card (with GCMM on Wii).
  6. Restore both (exploit+game boy interface) save files (with GCMM on Wii).
  7. Insert Super Smash Bros and your prepared Memory Card in to your Game Cube.
  8. Start the game (on your Game Cube).
  9. Go to VS. Mode and Name Entry. (in Super Smash Bros with your Game Cube)
Himanattsu

Post by Himanattsu » Thu May 12, 2016 6:30 pm

I want to get the best picture quality that I possibly can on my Sony PVM 14L5. I'm using the ULL version, but the picture is so small on my already-small monitor. I heard that 240p is the best? I want to use the ULL version also to get the least lag as possible for the purposes of Pokemon RNG. How can I make GBI fit the whole screen, if that's even possible?

I have to use my AR's Freeloader to boot my Japanese Melee disc. It could get annoying to Freeload every time that I want to use GBI. Is there a convenient way around this?
FIX94

Post by FIX94 » Thu May 12, 2016 7:27 pm

well if you look in this subforum you can also boot up software such a GBI with games like wind waker,twilight princess, pokemon colosseum/xd, tom clancys splinter cell or 007 agent under fire so if you have one of these for your region you dont need any freeloader I guess.
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Fri May 13, 2016 8:01 am

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there are AR codes that can boot up homebrew. Or do you have a freeloader-only thing with no possibility to use cheat codes?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri May 13, 2016 8:27 am

Himanattsu wrote:I want to get the best picture quality that I possibly can on my Sony PVM 14L5. I'm using the ULL version, but the picture is so small on my already-small monitor. I heard that 240p is the best? I want to use the ULL version also to get the least lag as possible for the purposes of Pokemon RNG. How can I make GBI fit the whole screen, if that's even possible?

I have to use my AR's Freeloader to boot my Japanese Melee disc. It could get annoying to Freeload every time that I want to use GBI. Is there a convenient way around this?
Use the Zoom feature in GBI for your first point here.

Get another game to boot your homebrew with, there are many ways to boot homebrew, see here: http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph ... g_Homebrew
Himanattsu

Post by Himanattsu » Fri May 13, 2016 8:01 pm

I have Wind Waker and Pokemon Colosseum, so I will boot with those from now on. But how exactly do I zoom when I'm in GBI? The instruction on the OP's thread are unclear.
FIX94

Post by FIX94 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Himanattsu wrote:I have Wind Waker and Pokemon Colosseum, so I will boot with those from now on. But how exactly do I zoom when I'm in GBI? The instruction on the OP's thread are unclear.
I suggest you use wind waker cause colosseum takes quite a while to trigger the savegame exploit ;) Also for GBI you have to install the standard version (gbi.gci) to actually zoom in, the low latency versions are specifically designed to actually be that little bit quicker.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri May 13, 2016 9:27 pm

I'm not sure how you expect me to scale 240x160 in 720x243.
I hear people adjust the geometry on their monitor for it.