Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
MR.JOE

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by MR.JOE » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:29 pm

Thanks emu_kidid that solved the issue!
I'd like to post several other issues that were present in earlier builds as well and have not been reportet yet:

Game
Starwars Bounty Hunter
Region
PAL
Medium
disc
Swiss version
Detailed report of the issue
Everytime I force 480p/576p resolution the game crashes as soon as a level is being loaded (sound continues, at least for a while). 480i works but the screen is being slightly cropped to the top and to the bottom. Nintendont is even worse in this case.

Game
XIII
Region
PAL
Medium
disc
Swiss version
Think this has already been reported by somebody before on Github so I tested it and can confirm: Everytime I force 480p/480i/576p resolution the game crashes as soon as a level is being loaded (no sound as well). The issue is NOT present on Nintendont.

Game
Starwars Rouge Leader III: Rebel Strike
Region
PAL
Medium
disc
Swiss version
Everytime I force any resolution (even 480i, which works if selected ingame) the game crashes (also no sound). Widescreen works without any issues (in comparison to Rouge Leader II). Issue NOT present in Nintendont.

Game
Starwars Rouge Leader II
Region
PAL
Medium
disc
Swiss version
Widescreen mode works but graphics are not being completely rendered to the left and to the right (forcing resolution works correctly). Issue also present in Nintendont.

Game
Metal Gear Solid: The twin Snakes
Region
PAL
Medium
disc
Swiss version
Widescreen mode works but graphics are not being completely rendered to the left and to the right (forcing resolution works correctly). These cheats from Ralf work correctly, rendering all the graphics:

Code: Select all

16:9 Aspect Ratio (Widescreen) - PTR Version [Ralf]
WWQV-KR4R-21DY1
T63Z-N1G5-QFXXD
2K34-VEAK-6Y42Z
WN56-AVP6-GV36R

16:9 Aspect Ratio (Widescreen) - ASM Version [Ralf]
3X9B-C20Z-YK9VQ
9UAQ-8YNR-AG857
C47H-HVMY-GMTX9
G37P-5CG1-ERDWA
M8M8-JVZP-KN7F8
T10V-HR3K-BDUZN
WP2H-U7P0-CJYET
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1907

Another issue, that has also already been posted (but not in this thread):
Game
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Region
PAL
Medium
disc
Swiss version
Everytime I force progressive resolution the game crashes (also no sound). Widescreen works without any issues. Issue also present in Nintendont.
TALANTO

Post by TALANTO » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:11 pm

The same thing as Zelda TP, swapped red and blue colours happens in other games:
Mario Kart DD (ntsc-u) r363, r364 (tested yesterday four times in a row).
Zelda WW (ntsc-u) r366 (from today, once but I didn't try again).
Forcing 480p is OK but selecting progressive scan from the game makes it happen.

This issue will probably happen in each game with progressive scan.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Yeah, the issue is known, the solution, not so much yet. It's all due to the way that for SD Gecko/IDE-EXI/NonDMA Devices I break large reads into smaller ones to minimise audio stutter. As a result I'm making interrupts fire incorrectly (by delaying them or completely stopping them from being thrown). So it's a fairly large issue that will hopefully have a decent solution.
boktai1000

Post by boktai1000 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:50 pm

TALANTO wrote:The same thing as Zelda TP, swapped red and blue colours happens in other games:
Mario Kart DD (ntsc-u) r363, r364 (tested yesterday four times in a row).
Zelda WW (ntsc-u) r366 (from today, once but I didn't try again).
Forcing 480p is OK but selecting progressive scan from the game makes it happen.

This issue will probably happen in each game with progressive scan.
I also noticed issues with color swap on Zelda WW
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:31 am

It is not a specific game problem nor will it always happen.
TALANTO

Post by TALANTO » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:55 pm

r366, sd gecko, all ntsc: Something starts to happen really often to me, freezing at "checking game" in mario kart, wario world and something other. Also Kirby air ride freezes on title screen. Wario world had problem with 480p forcing, black screen or freeze I don't remember. Someone has wrote about dump. I also saw a dump the fist time booting game with r366. I am not prepared I am writing on memories from past few days.

edit: Disable audio streaming also doesn't work at all.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:15 am

r367 should fix some SD issues, I reduced the timing in my libOGC and forgot I'd left it on when I compiled r366. I'll upload it tonight.
TALANTO

Post by TALANTO » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:29 am

I was wrong for audio streaming. I thought every background music is audio streaming. 1080 works.
boktai1000

Post by boktai1000 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:28 pm

emu_kidid wrote:r367 should fix some SD issues, I reduced the timing in my libOGC and forgot I'd left it on when I compiled r366. I'll upload it tonight.
I believe I was having some weird issues with my Samsung SD Card, so I'm looking forward to trying r367 to see if that fixes it. Otherwise I think it might just be a bunk card, my Patriot LX 32GB seems to work better. Would be great if that fixes it, are there any other changes in this release regarding game compatibility or was it just the libOGC change?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:39 pm

boktai1000 wrote:
emu_kidid wrote:r367 should fix some SD issues, I reduced the timing in my libOGC and forgot I'd left it on when I compiled r366. I'll upload it tonight.
I believe I was having some weird issues with my Samsung SD Card, so I'm looking forward to trying r367 to see if that fixes it. Otherwise I think it might just be a bunk card, my Patriot LX 32GB seems to work better. Would be great if that fixes it, are there any other changes in this release regarding game compatibility or was it just the libOGC change?
It'll fix F-Zero GX hopefully.
boktai1000

Post by boktai1000 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:04 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
boktai1000 wrote:
It'll fix F-Zero GX hopefully.
So it appears to be working on my 32GB SDHC card, but freezes on the opening logo on my 2GB Sandisk for Wii SD card (non-SDHC).
teconmoon

Post by teconmoon » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Game
Shrek 2
Region
USA
Medium
WASP
Swiss version (revision number and git version if possible)
commit: 8d8c779 rev: 371
Testing various GameCube games on the WASP using my Wii, and Shrek 2 (not exactly the pinnacle of gaming) gave me some issues. With Swiss flashed directly to the WASP, after pressing new game and going through the intro, after you finish or skip the intro the game crashes. Tried another SD Card with the same results. Problem did not occur with SD Gecko with either SD Card.

PAL version of the game is on the way so I will be able to test with that soon. Is this more likely a Swiss problem or a WASP problem?
Ikthias

Post by Ikthias » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:32 pm

Game:
The Legend of Zelda - Collector's Edition
Region:
NTSC
Medium:
SD Gecko Slot A & B
Swiss version:
r372
Optional on screen crash dump screenshot:
IMG_20161011_171656.jpg
(2.15 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Detailed report of the issue:
Trying to boot off of SD gecko Swiss tries to patch but fails through each patch (12 total) then goes to a black screen where it stays until rebooting
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:20 am

Ikthias wrote:Game:
The Legend of Zelda - Collector's Edition
Region:
NTSC
Medium:
SD Gecko Slot A & B
Swiss version:
r372
Optional on screen crash dump screenshot:
IMG_20161011_171656.jpg
Detailed report of the issue:
Trying to boot off of SD gecko Swiss tries to patch but fails through each patch (12 total) then goes to a black screen where it stays until rebooting
Don't use r372, use the latest https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/releases
Ikthias

Post by Ikthias » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:21 am

emu_kidid wrote:Don't use r372, use the latest https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/releases
See my post on this thread viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1375&start=625
the last 3 builds wont boot when flashed to Qoob Pro, which is my only option for swiss
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:48 pm

Put the newer versions of swiss at the root of your sd as boot.dol as a temporary workaround. Make sure it's the uncompressed version.
TALANTO

Post by TALANTO » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:54 am

Game Soul Calibur II
Region NTSC-U
Medium SD Gecko
Swiss version r377
Optional save file (.gci) n/a

Old issues reapeared in r377. I've jumped from r366 to r377 directly not sure for the versions in between.
The "border" on top and left (appears when battle starts). Screen jumps when battle stars (about a pixel from top and left). The shadows are thick (even thicker than the old schot).Image
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:17 am

Ikthias wrote:See my post on this thread viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1375&start=625
the last 3 builds wont boot when flashed to Qoob Pro, which is my only option for swiss
Did you try burning swiss to a disc?
y0da89

Post by y0da89 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:45 am

Hello. I have got an issue with this game

Game
NASCAR 2005 Chase For the Cup - Gamecube

Region
NTSC-U (But I own a PAL Gamecube)

Medium
SD Gecko

Swiss version

r371 - Same issue on Swiss SDML

When I start the game I have a black screen.
It doesn't show up anything.
I am sure it is not related to my monitor.

I would like to try this game before importing it.
Thank you for your help
shika

Post by shika » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Game
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Region
NTSC-U
Medium
SD Gecko
Swiss version
v0.4r401 2ab1391
Optional on screen crash dump screenshot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7ILnbIJspk
As shown in the video, the game freezes/crashes after a few seconds when in control of the main character for the first time.
I have verified SHA-1 and MD5, I have tried multiple SD and SDHC cards (both regular and micro) from different manufacturers (sandisk, kingston, samsung), sizes (2, 8, 32 GB) and class (2, 4, 10), I have also tried forcing multiple video modes, both 16 and 32 MHz modes, disabling audio streaming... but the issue is the same: I can only play a few seconds of the actual game (when I dont mess so much with the settings it doesnt even get to that point in the game).
I have also tried the PAL version but I cant get past the silicon knights logo screen.
I have ordered another SD-to-memory card adator off of ebay because I am aware of Datel's bad rep around here when it comes to SD geckos quality, but I should let you know that I can play other games like Star Wars Bounty Hunter or Star Fox Assault flawlessly (I can play multiple game levels for hours with no issues whatsoever) and it has never failed to load homebrew or simply recognize any sd card I stick in it.

This issue is quite similar:

Game
Crazy Taxi
Region
NTSC-U
Medium
SD Gecko
Swiss version
v0.4r401 2ab1391
Pretty much same as previous game, the only thing that changes is that I've managed to play up to 30 seconds after being able to control the taxi. The backgound music plays just fine in case you were wondering. Ya ya ya ya ya!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:50 am

Haven't tried running audio streaming games since the overhaul, they're potentially broken, or it's your SD adapter making it fail after a while.
vailleght

Post by vailleght » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:01 am

Game
Mario Party 4, 5

Region
PAL

Medium
SD Gecko

Swiss version
v0.4r401 2ab1391

both game crash a few seconds before start menu. This not happen with swiss 0.3 r174 but my problem is that swiss 0.3 not have force video mode 480i so i cant play on my NTSC tv.

Im using a toshiba sdhc class 4.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:59 pm

Some games like Megaman X Collection freeze on the first screen after starting. Can this be solved with a SD class 10 card or changing any option in Swiss? I'm using the latest compressed version on Qoob Pro and my laser died. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Usually if you're having issues with specific games, it's not your hardware but a compatibility issue. Can you post a detailed report in the format specified by the op ?
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:49 pm

GAME
megaman x collection

REGION
ntsc

MEDIUM
sd gecko

SWISS VERSION
v0.4r401/371

DETAILED REPORT OF THE ISSUE
after the game starts, it freezes on the screen "licensed by nintendo"

As I read that the game works, I am in doubt whether buying a Class 10 SD can solve or it is one of those games that needs a dvd for compatibility issues.