Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

All Wii64 related discussions here
Blacknite08

Re: Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

Post by Blacknite08 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:43 am

Well I thought I'd try asking here because I thought that Extrems helped the Dolphin team fix an error that caused Not64 to not run on Dolphin at all.
https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/4151

Besides I doubt that anyone on the Dolphin forums would be able to help me out with my problem anyways, especially not the netplay problem.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:55 pm

I've told them their segmented memory support is incorrectly implemented but they don't care, because bragging about booting all known retail games is more important than homebrew.
Dolphin's MMU emulation should be able to handle any retail game at this point. The only people that could possibly break it would be Factor 5, and it's not like they made any Wii games...
Blacknite08

Post by Blacknite08 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:00 pm

I love how the Dolphin team just made a video showing off Dolphin running the latest version of the Homebrew Channel and they booted up Not64 but all they had to show off was the mupen64plus demo.
https://youtu.be/QLycpVxtsCg?t=1m8s
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:17 am

Not the "latest version", the open source version - it still can't run the regular version (from hackmii.com) and wifi still doesn't work. Pity they didn't show what happens when you load Desert Bus...
Blacknite08

Post by Blacknite08 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:32 am

I made a new wad using the latest version of Not64 and disabled DSP HLE and that fixed the netplay problem.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:20 am

Ok, I recompiled with the latest lib.

Ok, it wasn't that trivial.
https://github.com/ExtremsCorner/libogc ... 152cae0556
https://github.com/Extrems/Not64/commit ... a8fd4fcda1

Thanks to emu_kidid for testing, I don't have this controller.
niuus

Post by niuus » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:00 am

Extrems wrote:Ok, I recompiled with the latest lib.

Wow, pretty cool news. I'll give it a try.
carnage

Post by carnage » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:29 am

thanks for adding wiiu pro extremis its the best choice on vwii with the exception of adding the wiiu gc adapter xD
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:38 pm

This emulator supports netplay? :shock:
I don't knew...
novenary

Post by novenary » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:28 pm

No it doesn't, Blacknite is running not64 in dolphin and using its netplay feature.
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:37 pm

Oh, ok.

However can you do something for autoload the custom pad configuration please? Not is a bug, but is tedious go every time to load the saved configuration, 'cause don't do it itself.

And someone could tell me how update the checksum for Cruis'n World please? My hacked rom with the new checksum don't match the savegame configuration...
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:12 pm

It is a bug, and has been known forever.
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Oh, ok, then you'll fix it? :)

And for the checksum for the Cruis'n World rom savetype can you help me please? With the different checksum of an hacked rom don't load the savegame 'cause don't recognize the savetype, the game is saved correctly, but when have to load the game erase it 'cause don't recognize, exactly like in the PC emulators, in the PC emulators I can set manually the savetype (16 kbit) but not in Not64.
niuus

Post by niuus » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:11 am

Does Wii U Pro Controller work for anyone? The controller just won't sync when you are inside the emulator (it does work in other emus).
Garnett

Post by Garnett » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:10 pm

Hallo,
having issues trying to load roms from a USB. Everytime the same error on every USB-Port on my Wii
HDD in NTFS (*EDIT* i make a partition with FAT32 but the same Errormassage)
8GB FAT32 USB-Stick (*EDIT* After a restart from the wii i can pick up from Stick)
4GB FAT USB-Stick (*EDIT* After a restart from the wii i can pick up from Stick)

and the rom is in "not64/roms" but when I try to Load from USB I get the message "Error opening directory "usb:/not64/roms". Can anybody help or have the same problem?
thanks
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Garnett wrote:Hallo,
having issues trying to load roms from a USB. Everytime the same error on every USB-Port on my Wii
HDD in NTFS (*EDIT* i make a partition with FAT32 but the same Errormassage)
8GB FAT32 USB-Stick (*EDIT* After a restart from the wii i can pick up from Stick)
4GB FAT USB-Stick (*EDIT* After a restart from the wii i can pick up from Stick)

and the rom is in "not64/roms" but when I try to Load from USB I get the message "Error opening directory "usb:/not64/roms". Can anybody help or have the same problem?
thanks
Partitions aren't really supported
Garnett

Post by Garnett » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Okey thanks for Info :-). Great Projekt! Thanks....
hobblinharry

Post by hobblinharry » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:26 am

niuus wrote:

Does Wii U Pro Controller work for anyone? The controller just won't sync when you are inside the emulator (it does work in other emus).
I have tested the Wii U Pro controller and it works both in the interface and in games. Make sure you have the latest version downloaded
niuus

Post by niuus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:15 am

hobblinharry wrote:
niuus wrote:

I have tested the Wii U Pro controller and it works both in the interface and in games. Make sure you have the latest version downloaded
Thanks, i needed the confirmation =). I redownloaded the latest file, turns out the previous one was misnamed in my hard drive. All is well now, game on!
shuloon

Post by shuloon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:34 am

will this support the gamecube adapter for wii u?
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:22 pm

Please can you at least do something to set the the savegame type for the games? Cruis'n World modded rom can't save 'cause NOT64 don't recognize the checksum and then set automatically wrong savetype file size.
the-hans3009

Post by the-hans3009 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Hola a todos!!

He seguido la pagina y el emulador wii64, luego not64, desde el año 2009 o 2010 talvez, cada mes ingresaba a emulamii.com para ver si habian noticias nuevas, para poder jugar al incomparable Donkey Kong 64, al menos una vez, esperaba y leia nuevas noticias, luego aparecio la beta que a muchos emociono, pero no se vio algo final, luego la pagina emulatemii desaparecio, y varios nos trasladamos a gc.forever, con una esperanza siempre viva, de distintos paises, idiomas, y continentes, y todo esto gracias a emu_kidid y su equipo. Luego de un par de año, Extrems, modifico este para dar luz verde a NOT64, otro gran aporte, y el resto de la historia es la misma que ustedes.

Solo quiero decir gracias por todo esto, y agregar que ya puedo jugar al DK64, con algunos bug pero menores.

Si alguien tiene el mismo entusiasmo que yo, y tiene problema con Dk64, yo les contare como lo puedo jugar, si sirve de ayuda.

Gracias y disculpen por hablar en Español, pero me puedo expresar mejor que en Ingles.
(agrego la traduccion)
the-hans3009

Post by the-hans3009 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:23 pm

Hello everyone!!

He always the page and emulator wii64, then not64, since 2009 or 2010 maybe, every time I entered emulamii.com to see if there was new news, to play the incomparable Donkey Kong 64, at least once, I expected And read new news, then appeared the beta that many excited, but did not see something final, then the page emulatemii disappeared, and several we moved to gc.forever, with a hope always alive, different countries, languages, and continents , And all thanks to emu_kidid and his team. After a couple of years, Extrems, modify this to give the green light a NOT64, another great contribution, and the rest of the story is the same as you.

I just want to say thanks for all this, and add that I can play DK64, with some bug but smaller.

If someone has the same enthusiasm as me, and has a problem with Dk64, I answer how I can play it, if it helps.

Thank you and sorry for speaking Spanish, but I can express myself better than English.
(I add the translation)
Last edited by the-hans3009 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the-hans3009

Post by the-hans3009 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Como jugar Donkey Kong 64...

DK64 en la ultima version de not64, funciona bastante bien, en sonido, fps y otros, pero hay un pequeño problema que incomoda en el desempeño del juego, " la camara", esta se centra en el personaje todo el tiempo, salvo si entras a espacios que la camara que fija. Busque en toda la web pero no encontre nada, salvo un foro que menciono algo parecido a lo que voy a describir.

Posible Solucion (por el Momento)

Mientras corre el personaje o camina, apretar el boton R del control (Repetidamente), simulando que este sirve para correr, esto ayuda bastante para jugar, esto hara que la camara se fije en el personaje y la camara no sea automatica, prueben y me cuentan. Saludos

Traduccion.
Translation

How to play Donkey Kong 64

DK64 in the last version of not64, it works quite well, in sound, fps and others, but there is a small problem that troubles the performance of the game, "the camera", this focuses on the character all the time, unless you enter To spaces that the camera that fixes. Look all over the web but I did not find anything except a forum that mentioned something similar to what I will describe.

Possible Solution (by Moment)

While running the character or walk, press the R button of the control (Repeatedly), pretending that it is used for running, this helps a lot to play, this will cause the camera to be fixed in the character and the camera is not automatic, try and tell me. regards
Sheepdisease

Post by Sheepdisease » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Hello there,

I have been playing Banjo Tooie using this wonderful emulator but unfortunately I can't keep playing because to my dismay a particular part of the game causes the emulation to crash.

When in Witchyworld, once the jaws have opened to enter the Inferno, the moment Banjo steps through the entrance it crashes. This happens every time.

Exception (BSI) occurred!

Can someone please help me? How can I get passed this section of the game?

Cheers.