Cleanrip 'Write Error'- Anyone else have this issue?

All your homebrew software needs & discussion
dat_bolbi

Cleanrip 'Write Error'- Anyone else have this issue?

Post by dat_bolbi » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi, so I have recently wanted to try out playing console games on my PC, so I downloaded Dolphin, Cleanrip, and the Homebrew channel on my Wii to be able to do so. Unfortunately, every time I try to rip a game using Cleanrip, the screen displays, 'Write Error; Exiting in 10 seconds'. I have had varying results with different games; my Wii games usually display the error instantly, with it not even showing the process bar. It's the same with a few of my GameCube games- except for Super Smash Bros Melee, which gets around 60-70 percent of the rip done before displaying the write error. I have a v 4.3 Wii and the Cleanrip is v2.0.0, so I do not believe it is a compatibility problem. I have tried using both a USB and an SD card, and I have not found any forums with the same problem that I have. I have no idea how to get these rips to finish without a write error...
tueidj

Re: Cleanrip 'Write Error'- Anyone else have this issue?

Post by tueidj » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:09 am

Make sure the USB drive/SD card are formatted as FAT, not NTFS.
dat_bolbi

Post by dat_bolbi » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:37 am

They are both FAT32 formatted.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:37 pm

Set a split size if using FAT. Smash bros gets to that percentage because it'll create a split file.
dat_bolbi

Post by dat_bolbi » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks, I'll try that for the Wii games, but there is no such option to do so for the GameCube games on the homebrew channel. After I select the FAT drive and redump files, it goes straight to the rip screen. Is there something in the Cleanrip script that I should change, or is there something in the readme file that I may have missed?
Also, when you say split size, do you mean chunk size, or is it something different?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:59 pm

Chunk size = split size, and it's only available for Wii discs from what I remember.
dat_bolbi

Post by dat_bolbi » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:46 pm

Turns out that my drive was the problem. I put in a different flash drive, and it worked! It also turns out that I'm a dummy, because I never knew that the original drive wasn't even capable of storing ONE gigabyte. Sothat was the most likely reason. Nevertheless, thank you for helping me with this!