How's your controller going?

Find all your GameCube topics here
GodlyGamecube

How's your controller going?

Post by GodlyGamecube » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:37 pm

What's the condition of your controller? Are the buttons mushy? Sticks feel loose/have some play? Scuffs on the shell?

I would like to know the condition​ of yours, since mine sadly applies to all of the questions above (luckily, I'm planning to repair/replace mine :lol: ).
>playing anything other than the gamecube
ReliantLion

Re: How's your controller going?

Post by ReliantLion » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:29 am

Mine are clean and crisp, I'm glad to report. Take it apart, wipe them down everywhere. Use alcohol on the inside parts if you have to. I have an ultra sonic toothbrush which I save the last 'used up' head for cleaning electronics' plastic bits. If your buttons are sticking, some times it's gunky residue which is hard to remove. Get some replacement sticks, and while you're at it, you can swap your C stick for a normal one if you want.
GodlyGamecube

Post by GodlyGamecube » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:34 pm

ReliantLion wrote:Mine are clean and crisp, I'm glad to report. Take it apart, wipe them down everywhere. Use alcohol on the inside parts if you have to. I have an ultra sonic toothbrush which I save the last 'used up' head for cleaning electronics' plastic bits. If your buttons are sticking, some times it's gunky residue which is hard to remove. Get some replacement sticks, and while you're at it, you can swap your C stick for a normal one if you want.
I'll definitely give my controller the cleaning of a lifetime once I get all of the replacement parts for it! :D
>playing anything other than the gamecube
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:04 am

I got myself a pair of new GCN controllers which were releases for Super Smash Bros WiiU. You can still get them for quite cheap... In Germany about 27 EUR