Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

All Wii64 related discussions here
N74_MaRP

Re: Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

Post by N74_MaRP » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Extrems wrote:Rice Video is a dead end, and GLideN64 happen to be based on the plugin we currently use.
Thanks for answering. I asked because most of Ocarina of Time ROM hacks (that use custom imported 3D models) look really bad on glN64 (every other plugin works). At last, it seems that I can't enjoy my hacks on the Wii :roll:
carnage

Post by carnage » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:00 pm

So finaly i got a console emulator to run body harvest at full speed with vwii overclock its a shame it only displays the top half of the screen, i mean it isnt cutted or anything but its all squiched into half of the screen is there any fix for games that only display half of the screen extrems?

also i tryed the cpu devider and some games love the setting 1 with vwii overclock an example is toy story 2 wich even with overclock it runned preety slow when overclocking and cpu divider to 1 it runs like silk, full speed no slowdowns, its a shame most of the menu , options and dialog are all black and we cant see anything but ingame tough.

some other games seem to run better with vwii overclock and cpu 2 like goldeney and perfect dark, when you put vwii overclock and cpu1 to 1 fps shows the game running at 0.8 0.9 1 and changing, very wierd does the game try and do even more frames or something?
carnage

Post by carnage » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:54 am

thansk for fixing the full screen issues extrems now the game doesnt play 100% full speed but hey its very close and its playable

before the screen thing pal version played at 20 DLS now plays at 17dls wich is preety aceptable imo.
Also the game has some clipping issues wich i searched ad it was comon on old emulators
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/550

aparently this is the solution Glide64 with SW Depth Buffer enabled
https://github.com/project64/project64/ ... -276536352

also both castlevania games run perfect in intrepreter but get dsi exception on dynarec i managed to take a picture of it incase it helps legacy of darkness

Also there has been a regression on not64 compared to wii64 1.2 this game usualy worked preety well but now everytime you are on Shadow? world and you break an urn to gather souls or whatever wich is needed not64 freezes enteriely and its a freeze you cant even exit out only pulling the plug

shadow man U !
here is the controller save to reproduce this just walk fowarder press B to shoot the demon thing on the water and then on your left you will see a urn on a higher ledje press c stick up for aim mode and shoot it i managed to capture a dsi exception on intrepreter mode for it
controller pak save
http://www.mediafire.com/file/aaohysfwa ... 28U%29.mpk

dsi expetion on intrepreter
niuus

Post by niuus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:15 am

Amazing new release, Extrems. Popular games are full speed almost everytime now (Banjo Kazooei/Tooei, Goldeneye, Conker), others are more playable (Extreme G), and even titles which work now, like Chameleon Twist. NBA Hang Time runs very slow in-game, but looks very nice. Others like Dr. Mario 64, Magical Tetris and The New Tetris still won't show the puzzle pieces, but are slowly getting there. Special mention to Mega Man 64 that runs almost perfect now, from what i could quickly check.

Just 2 bugs that i encountered: If your Wii U Pro Controller turns off because of inactivity, it will come back detected like a Wii Classic Controller, but input won't work again. The other one was related to sound, sometimes if you go back to Not64 menu when sound is being produced, a high-pitched note will stay on the menu too.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:04 am

niuus wrote:If your Wii U Pro Controller turns off because of inactivity, it will come back detected like a Wii Classic Controller, but input won't work again.
I'm afraid I can't improve Wii U Pro Controller support any further without buying one.
niuus wrote:The other one was related to sound, sometimes if you go back to Not64 menu when sound is being produced, a high-pitched note will stay on the menu too.
I'm guessing you disabled scale pitch.
JayceEllen

Post by JayceEllen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Hey can you make Super Mario 64 - Star Road and Super Mario 64 - Last Impact work without slowdowns? The audio for the first is really buzzy and sluggish while Last Impact won't even run with a decent speed :'(
JayceEllen

Post by JayceEllen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Playing those games at full speed is my dream :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOgbVqwyel4 - SM64 Last Impact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFt5qGyX4bY - Super Mario 64 -- Star Road

I'm questioning about the capability of this emulator to run N64 hacks with textures... Can you do it? Shouldn't be that difficult since it's Super Mario 64! ^_^
carnage

Post by carnage » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:32 pm

JayceEllen wrote:Hey can you make Super Mario 64 - Star Road and Super Mario 64 - Last Impact work without slowdowns? The audio for the first is really buzzy and sluggish while Last Impact won't even run with a decent speed :'(
if you have a wiiu get not64 injected into overclocked vwii and solves those slowdowns :P
ebforever

Post by ebforever » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:26 am

The speed problem for those fan games and others would also be solved if 8mb memory expansion was built into not64. Both games had the pc version of project64 in mind which utilized 8mb expansion and they run great on it. Is it possible for the wii architecture to allow 8mb memory expansion?
niuus

Post by niuus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:25 am

Extrems wrote:
niuus wrote:If your Wii U Pro Controller turns off because of inactivity, it will come back detected like a Wii Classic Controller, but input won't work again.
I'm afraid I can't improve Wii U Pro Controller support any further without buying one.
niuus wrote:The other one was related to sound, sometimes if you go back to Not64 menu when sound is being produced, a high-pitched note will stay on the menu too.
I'm guessing you disabled scale pitch.
It's okey, man! At least it works perfect, much better than older releases. You're still doing a really nice job, even more taking into account you don't own the WUPC.
Twenty-Six_Twelve

Post by Twenty-Six_Twelve » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:27 pm

I notice there is support for a vertical resolution of 240 lines, which looks absolutely great on my CRT, but it's kind of striking that there is no support for a horizontal resolution of 320. This would be wonderful for authenticity. Could it be added as a feature?
(It would be fine as a hidden option in the .ini file, since that's also the only place where the 240p vertical resolution can be activated.)
DrDoctor

Post by DrDoctor » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Ploggy wrote:
Extrems wrote:
  • Fixed Wii U Pro Controller.
Thanks. What are the "CPU Clock Divider" setting for?
So does Not64 support the Wii U Gamepad now?

I think I downloaded the latest build (mupen64-20171009) but I wasn't able to get it working...
It shows no paired controllers until a wiimote is turned on.
Blaze Uchiha

Post by Blaze Uchiha » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:21 pm

DrDoctor wrote:
Ploggy wrote:
Extrems wrote:
  • Fixed Wii U Pro Controller.
Thanks. What are the "CPU Clock Divider" setting for?
So does Not64 support the Wii U Gamepad now?

I think I downloaded the latest build (mupen64-20171009) but I wasn't able to get it working...
It shows no paired controllers until a wiimote is turned on.
Not yet, but with any luck it will soon as well as have an auto-boot feature so we can simply inject our roms for Wii U VC installation. That would be a dream come true. :lol:
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:42 pm

Autoboot is supported since ‎September 5, 2012.
Blaze Uchiha

Post by Blaze Uchiha » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Extrems wrote:Autoboot is supported since ‎September 5, 2012.
Really so we can make injections that boot straight from the menu already? Awesome
Blaze Uchiha

Post by Blaze Uchiha » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:18 pm

@Extrems Is there a tutorial anywhere for how to inject a rom using the autoboot option?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:38 am

No. You need to modify your forwarder to pass "rompath = \"device:/path/to/file\"" as an argument.
carnage

Post by carnage » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:47 am

Extrems wrote:No. You need to modify your forwarder to pass "rompath = \"device:/path/to/file\"" as an argument.
any chance like nintendont you make it able to autoboot a z64 rom inside the vc itself?
That way we could use the same autoboot code on sd and it would always boot the rom inside the vc file itself so we could make individual channels on wiiu menu to launch the games and keep the sd card just for the saves and config file.
Blaze Uchiha

Post by Blaze Uchiha » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:02 pm

carnage wrote:
Extrems wrote:No. You need to modify your forwarder to pass "rompath = \"device:/path/to/file\"" as an argument.
any chance like nintendont you make it able to autoboot a z64 rom inside the vc itself?
That way we could use the same autoboot code on sd and it would always boot the rom inside the vc file itself so we could make individual channels on wiiu menu to launch the games and keep the sd card just for the saves and config file.
This is exactly what I meant. This is the superior method to N64 VC injection(over injecting into official VCs) imho. Not64 will just be plain better in all ways once this and Gamepad support is possible. It has way better compatibility with roms and would be my prefered method to play VCs
Blaze Uchiha

Post by Blaze Uchiha » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Also the latest version(20171009) only boots to a black screen for me. How do I fix this?
SimonPDX

Post by SimonPDX » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:44 pm

I'm on Wii, and I'm confused how to set "VideoMode" -- I don't see it in the settings at all. I don't see anything editable included in the download, inis or cfgs or whatever.

Trying to play on a PVM CRT (over RGB) and true 240p is really important to me. Can anyone explain what I'm missing, thanks so much.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Save settings to SD/USB then edit /not64/settings.cfg
SimonPDX

Post by SimonPDX » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Extrems wrote:Save settings to SD/USB then edit /not64/settings.cfg
Thanks so much! Very quick reply and easy fix.

Hopefully this comment can help future visitors too.

EDIT: Worked flawlessly, looks great, testing the English patched Animal Forest, which itself is a little rough around the edges, just wanted to see it in 240p though, so mission accomplished.
MegamanXGold

Post by MegamanXGold » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Thank you for this awesome emulator. I've been playing Diddy Kong Racing on my Wii and quite enjoying it, so thank you very much.

There are some cases of missing or invisible polygons (backs of some objects are see-through that shouldn't be) and, oddly, just when a race is about to start after the camera finishes panning to the starting line most of the level becomes a jumbled mess - but it clears up as soon as you start racing. It isn't game breaking for me because I know the game really well, but I was hoping to get my girlfriend into playing the game with me, and not knowing where to go until the race gets going is going to stress her out :P

Is this an issue that can be fixed with a tweak of a setting? Or does anyone know of a previous build that maybe didn't have these issues? Thank you SO MUCH! I love the emulator, please keep it up! :D
NewFang

Post by NewFang » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:22 am

Sorry. What is the latest version of Not64 and where to dl? Been away for some time. Hoping to play some full speed Goldeneye.... :)