Is Minecraft server worth?

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
Hulksfan

Is Minecraft server worth?

Post by Hulksfan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Not sure if this topic in the right place, but anyone plays Minecraft here?
Besides GameCube I'd like to experiment few other platforms, I and my friend are thinking about setting up Minecraft server, it seems complicated but possible. Do you think if it's worth it, to spend the time/money/etc to set up our own server? or should we just join someone else's server then?
A good game is easy to learn, but hard to master :geek:
novenary

Re: Is Minecraft server worth?

Post by novenary » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:40 pm

It's really easy to set up, and if you have enough people to play on it, it's definitely worth doing. Even just for two, it's a lot of fun. I've personally lost interest into the game years ago, but if you still enjoy it, the more, the merrier.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:50 pm

Hulksfan wrote:Not sure if this topic in the right place, but anyone plays Minecraft here?
Besides GameCube I'd like to experiment few other platforms, I and my friend are thinking about setting up Minecraft server, it seems complicated but possible. Do you think if it's worth it, to spend the time/money/etc to set up our own server? or should we just join someone else's server then?
It's easy and good fun, but make sure you set up backups for everything if you don't want to lose all your progress.
Hulksfan

Post by Hulksfan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:59 am

Oh thanks for the advice! Spring break is coming and we have much time to look into it. Not sure it's easy though....we're kinda slow when it comes to tech haha :mrgreen: but we will invite more friends to play for sure!
emu_kidid wrote:
It's easy and good fun, but make sure you set up backups for everything if you don't want to lose all your progress.
How's the backups, will it be easy to set up too?
A good game is easy to learn, but hard to master :geek: