gaym cuwb

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
maxBirdy

gaym cuwb

Post by maxBirdy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:57 pm

took me a while to find this site, i just want to say a few things.

i'm no hardcore gamer, in fact im far from it, i play resident evil, mario, half-life2, the list of things i actually play with is pretty short.

but one thing of always loved doing is messing around with games/consoles and pushing them or seeing what i can do with them.

re4 for pc, i modded the entire weapon set/peoples skins
ps2, i exploited my fat one with the independence exploit and loaded free MCboot, no both my fat and skinny are softmodded
gamecube, i remember getting ar max media launcher, finding SD-boot, and downloading tons of mario and xcite bike roms from rombomb.com, and loading emulators so i could play all those great classics.

it made me sad to come online one day and see rombomb and tehskeen gone, the ps2 scene is still alive and kicking, uLaunch Elf and a few other great tools constantly in development, but the GC scene seems to have died down, with the WII scene replacing it, very understandable, but honestly the way i see it, the gamecube isnt dead, until every last lazer is broken, every fan stops spinning, and the memory card slots don't read mem cards or sd cards anymore.

i love my old systems, and while i love my ps3 aswell, and progress and evolution in the technology scene, nostalging(made that one up) at classic games always brings a smile to my face.
deku_scrub

Re: gaym cuwb

Post by deku_scrub » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:55 pm

I think the gamecube is very alive, thanks to cube64, cubeSX, the n64 and ps1 emulators, and lots of emulators that the ps2 doesn't have or it runs crappy.

I have the ps2 fat with uLaunchElf and lots of homebrews, hdloader and internal hd, and i think the ps2's homebrews are poor, the uLaunchElf and the SMS are very great, but the rest are poor.

The GameCube will never die, thanks to some great coders like emu_kidid, tantric, and a lot of others, and thank to SD-Boot.
__ deku_scrub __ Wii D3-2 | System 4.3 | HC installed using Smash Stack | WODE Jukebox
Xbox 360 Slim 4GB | 320GB Hacked HDD | x360key
maxBirdy

Post by maxBirdy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:50 pm

i need to get my hands on a PS2 broadband adapter thing, and try installing games to HDD.

or try loading them from USB HDD on my slim.

yea, the ps2 PC tools are better than the homebrew, ive lurked on every ps2 forum and site, theres more HDD and hacking tools, and disk burning tools, than there are tools to run ON the ps2 itself.

oh, why bother emulating crap on the ps2 when the games we are trying to emulate where originally on nintendo (or modded by nintendo (GC ati card)) hardware.

i remember the first time i booted up xcite bike on my GC with the NES emu, i lol'd pretty hard and played for about half an hour.
deku_scrub

Post by deku_scrub » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Man, my ps2 died, i sent to the repair, they gonna see whats happened, maybe it doesnt have a fix.

Nintendo never fail.

But the ps2... haha, i have a lot of friends with dead ps2, they always buy another.

I'll never buy again other game console wich isnt a nintendo :p
__ deku_scrub __ Wii D3-2 | System 4.3 | HC installed using Smash Stack | WODE Jukebox
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 am

The Eject / Reset, Power On/Off ribbion has gone on my ps2 v7 my cat caught it whilst I had the case off and the ribbon ripped :-( I had problems getting a video signal the TV was picking up something was being sent by flashing AV1 but I had no picture or sound, I tried it with both a composite and rgb-scart lead too, hopefully when I get a new ribbon it'll work perfectly as before I never had any problems with it touch wood" before that and i've had since it went on sale.
deku_scrub

Post by deku_scrub » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Well, if my ps2 doesnt have a fix, i dont matter so much.

Cuz i only used it to play GTA Vice City and Finta Fantasy XII, well GTA i can play on PC, but FF XII, this is sad.

Hahaha I have a cat to, and she is very crazy, always stealing something. :)
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:50 pm

I have two ones a barn cake to a dinky dodgem and has mad half hour fits :lol: the over one is real timid and loving there both sisters if there not fighting one another there cuddled up side by side.