Looking to hire a modder

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
herostone

Looking to hire a modder

Post by herostone » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:15 am

Greetings, all. Long time reader and Cube-enthusiast, first time poster.

To make a long story short, I am looking to find someone to hire to mod my DOL-001 for me. I simply want my Cube to be able to play backup roms from an SD card, and the disc drive can be scraped as far as I'm concerned.

I lack the soldering skills to do the job myself currently, and since it seems some retailers have finally restocked Wiikey Fusion chips, now seemed like the best time to tackle it. Looking to get this project started ASAP.

I sincerely hope that one of you gentlemen can help me on this matter. I will gladly pay for labor, shipping, parts required, etc., all I need is someone who knows what they're doing and has the time.

Anyone who has the know-how, please feel free to shoot me a PM with labor quotes and a parts list.

Thank you.

-Herostone
Ceros

Re: Looking to hire a modder

Post by Ceros » Sat May 05, 2018 7:44 am

I have made my own GCDual boards by citrus3000psi which all in 0603 so I think I can say I am pretty handy. I would like to pick it up for you but I do live all the way in europe.
TheTechBrosRepair

Post by TheTechBrosRepair » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:52 am

Ceros wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:44 am
I have made my own GCDual boards by citrus3000psi which all in 0603 so I think I can say I am pretty handy. I would like to pick it up for you but I do live all the way in europe.
how much u charge
Jweeber

Post by Jweeber » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:29 am

@herostone welcome to the community fellow cube-enthusiast!

If I may be so bold as to direct your attention to the following webpage before you employ the services of another cube-head:

http://www.badassconsoles.com/wasp-custom/

I think it might be custom tailored to your needs if I've correctly understood what your goal is. I'm not affiliated with that retailer nor do I get a commission or have any other interest in sending business his way other than being a satisfied customer of this product myself. You would need a gamebit screw driver and a philips head screwdriver. It is very simple and I'd be happy to go into further detail if you were interested in going this route.

To be clear that linked item would replace the dvd drive and requires no soldering. Plug it in and insert your sd card and you are on your way to enjoying homebrew and back-ups. easy-peasy.

I lurk here at odd hours so I will keep an eye out for your response.
Ceros

Post by Ceros » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:29 am

TheTechBrosRepair wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:52 am
Ceros wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:44 am
how much u charge
120€ for assembly, installation additional 25€. Shipping costs would be for the buyer. You can try badass consoles but from what I have gathered it is pretty bad. The admin doesn't reply, take orders or give refunds where requested.
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:24 am

There won't be any more wasp customs because wasps are very rare and expensive now.
Ceros wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:29 am
You can try badass consoles but from what I have gathered it is pretty bad. The admin doesn't reply, take orders or give refunds where requested.
Please don't spread misinformation.
Ceros

Post by Ceros » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 am

Streetwalker wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:24 am
There won't be any more wasp customs because wasps are very rare and expensive now.
Ceros wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:29 am
You can try badass consoles but from what I have gathered it is pretty bad. The admin doesn't reply, take orders or give refunds where requested.
Please don't spread misinformation.
Badass consoles doesn't take orders at the moment for any of their listed products. When I was very active in the gamecube community back in March and February, it was known that the customer service is very poor and that some orders were never fullfilled nor refunded. Just because you had a good experience doesn't mean everyone does and that doesn't make different experiences misinformation.
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:41 am

Ceros wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 am
Badass consoles doesn't take orders at the moment for any of their listed products. When I was very active in the gamecube community back in March and February, it was known that the customer service is very poor and that some orders were never fullfilled nor refunded. Just because you had a good experience doesn't mean everyone does and that doesn't make different experiences misinformation.
I haven't "had a good experience". I've been working directly with mega for years and I know what he's up to and how he runs his business. Yes, orders are closed for now, because there's nothing to be sold. The few idiots talking shit on twitter never asked for a refund in the first place. All customers who've actually requested a refund for gcvideo have been refunded. There's a form on the store to apply for it.
Ceros

Post by Ceros » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 am

Streetwalker wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:41 am
Ceros wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 am
I haven't "had a good experience". I've been working directly with mega for years and I know what he's up to and how he runs his business. Yes, orders are closed for now, because there's nothing to be sold. The few idiots talking shit on twitter never asked for a refund in the first place. All customers who've actually requested a refund for gcvideo have been refunded. There's a form on the store to apply for it.
It is not twitter I am even talking about. The gamecube reddit has some very lengthy and angry posts as well regarding their practices. Plenty to be found. Perhaps they have improved but whatever, i shouldn't have even brought it up. I really don't care. But I would stay away from it.
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:13 pm

Ceros wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 am
It is not twitter I am even talking about. The gamecube reddit has some very lengthy and angry posts as well regarding their practices. Plenty to be found. Perhaps they have improved but whatever, i shouldn't have even brought it up. I really don't care. But I would stay away from it.
Whether it's twitter or reddit doesn't matter. Those who complain are the vocal minority who don't understand what's going on. I'm not going to convince anyone to use one shop over another, just asking you to please stop spreading misinformation, especially if you haven't experienced this firsthand. Like I said, I know mega and talk to him on a daily basis so I know what's going on. I wouldn't make these assertions otherwise. If you haven't been refunded, you have probably not applied for it. The form is over here.
Ceros

Post by Ceros » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Streetwalker wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:13 pm
Ceros wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 am
Whether it's twitter or reddit doesn't matter. Those who complain are the vocal minority who don't understand what's going on. I'm not going to convince anyone to use one shop over another, just asking you to please stop spreading misinformation, especially if you haven't experienced this firsthand. Like I said, I know mega and talk to him on a daily basis so I know what's going on. I wouldn't make these assertions otherwise. If you haven't been refunded, you have probably not applied for it. The form is over here.
That's great. I am not the one to whom you should send that link. Send it to the vocal disappointed minority in those communities. These are the people you should talk to. You deem my judgement of a company as misinformed while the fact is that quite a few people are not happy with the service. Instead of telling me off, you should tell your friend something is hurting his brand. It sure didn't appeal to me. But I am going to stop replying because you don't get my point.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamecube/comme ... nyone_got/