Super Monkey Ball levels without GCrebuilder?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
donnaken15

Super Monkey Ball levels without GCrebuilder?

Post by donnaken15 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:25 am

So, apparently when I'm trying to play my stages on SMB hosted on the filesystem instead of an ISO, there's a blue box at the center of the stage instead of my textures (this is the case with SMB Workshop), and when I use Yoshimaster96's tool (smbcnv) on the FS, it crashes the game. I'm not using GCrebuilder because the program always says how a file I try to import is too big, and apparently stage textures are fixed when I put it on an ISO. Can someone remake GCrebuilder to not have this, because I'm trying to make a mod with custom textures and music as well. If not, is there someone that can do this manually and I can just send the game to them and say "oh rebuild this on a new GC ISO or replace the files from my mod over to the original." Also, renaming the Game ID breaks the camera, for some reason.
Aleron Ives

Re: Super Monkey Ball levels without GCrebuilder?

Post by Aleron Ives » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:11 am

You need to extract the entire ISO to a folder, replace the files, and then build a new ISO if you want to insert new files that are bigger than the originals. It's not a problem with GCRebuilder.
donnaken15

Post by donnaken15 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:54 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:11 am
You need to extract the entire ISO to a folder, replace the files, and then build a new ISO if you want to insert new files that are bigger than the originals. It's not a problem with GCRebuilder.
Rebuilding that way breaks Dolphin, also why is it &&systemdata instead of sys like with Dolphin
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:54 am

Rebuilding an ISO with GCR works fine in Dolphin for me, so either you're doing it wrong or the SMB ISO has some features that GCR doesn't support.
donnaken15 wrote:why is it &&systemdata instead of sys like with Dolphin
BSV used a different naming convention for GCR, as he's not involved with Dolphin to my knowledge.
donnaken15

Post by donnaken15 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:32 am

Apparently it works for me now (i exported the original ISO and rebuilt it where i exported it), I've must've messed something up then.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:37 pm

donnaken15 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:54 pm
Rebuilding that way breaks Dolphin, also why is it &&systemdata instead of sys like with Dolphin
Sometimes the main DOL is damaged in the creation of a new ISO process. In the future, try switching the DOL to a larger one, such as the SNES9X GX. Then, just replace with the original in the GC-Tool. Rarely it can be a random game file.

You can zip the original and save it within ISO for future extraction.
donnaken15

Post by donnaken15 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Okay, apparently textures seem to work again on the filesystem. I have GCrebuilder rebuilding in the same directory I want my mod to be placed, but somehow it works on both structures now. Could be the fact that I properly placed the GMA and TPL for my stages, but without using SMBCNV to make the LZ. Thanks anyways, guys.