GameCube Memory Card & SD Gecko Diagrams

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: GameCube Memory Card & SD Gecko Diagrams

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:16 am

Waisneed wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:13 pm
Thought maybe the official SD Card Adapter may be of help... But doesn't look like it.
Anyway, here, have some photos:

IMG_20181124_230550.jpg
Nice, MockyLock also posted pictures of one as well here
count.zero

Post by count.zero » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:05 am

Another take on a homebrew sd card adapter. Some pull up resistor and a transistor for the sense line.

Original project here:
http://jj1odm.sizious.com/index.html#gcsdadp

Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:44 pm

I was there to see if there were informations about the chip that emits the CS for exi peripherals, so I can wire an internal SD2SP2 on a DOL-101 motherboard. Unfortunately, it seems that there are some little chips involved in the Memcards wiring, and it is very likely the serial port has its owns that may not be on the Dol-101 motherboard as well as the traces where to solder them. :?

Just not to have posted there uselessly, is there a simple way to mod the WiiSD or WiiKey to have a real card detect, I opened mine, but it seems the detection contact is grounded when a SD card is inserted.
Does the simpler way (less components) still needs at least a transistor and a pull-up resistor?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:20 pm

I have many reflexions about doing that SD2SP2 on a DOL-101, and ended up finding the "chips" are only Pull-Up resistors (or weak tear-down) due to their inconsistencies in terms of wiring, so there's still hope to find somewhere to connect an SD2SP2. :twisted:
Ashen wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:39 pm
…These are my diagrams for GC memorycard rewiring and for wiring up an SD Gecko. They go along well with my motherboard trimming guide. Thought they might prove useful to some…
Hi, i'm looking for the pads where to solder a SD2SP2 on a DOL-101, but to begin, I'm not able to find somebody that did it for a DOL-001. Nor can I find the bare motherboard and inside layers pics in hires to track the routing by myself.
Maybe somebody already figured out where the SP2 port is at the back of the CPU, so it won't be usefull that I try to re-do it from zero.
Thanks for helping and sharing your knowledge.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
dilav

Post by dilav » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:29 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:20 pm
Hi, i'm looking for the pads where to solder a SD2SP2 on a DOL-101, but to begin, I'm not able to find somebody that did it for a DOL-001. Nor can I find the bare motherboard and inside layers pics in hires to track the routing by myself.
Maybe somebody already figured out where the SP2 port is at the back of the CPU, so it won't be usefull that I try to re-do it from zero.
Thanks for helping and sharing your knowledge.
I can't remember where I've seen it, but there was a diagram for Slot 2 points on the vias on the back of the CPU. They were traced recently for SD2SP2, but is untested AFAIK. They are very close to the memory card vias, really shouldn't be hard to trace.

Edit: Haven't found it through search, but I just realize this wasn't the trimming thread [viewtopic.php?f=26&t=665] that had the memory card via points I was referring to. The points are above Slot A IIRC.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:49 am

Somebody pointed me to the diagrams in another post, since I haven't been able to trace them, Ill test it as soon as I have time, and report back in the same topic (it doesn't belong there).

I'm there because some people reported bad SD Gecko clones (can't seem to find where). I just received a couple SD gecko clones from Alix, those which are darker than older ones, and they are a very tight fit, the board is a little too wide, and needs a little trimming (looking in the front of the connector, one'll see that the board is wider than the plastic part) inside is a line that is supposed to be the board's edge when properly cut.

mj_judge

Post by mj_judge » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:57 pm

kinect360 wrote:
Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:32 pm
It is a genuine one, that black blob is in every one of nintendo's memory cards.
Bit late of a reply but in case anybody is coming across these the blob top chip card is a replica. The official Nintendo 1019 card has two standard epoxy chips as well as the Nintendo logo on the back of the board and the DOL number too.

Nintendo haven't made the 1019 for a while yet i've seen plenty of the fake clones popping up recently being sold as "genuine" for an inflated prices, they are no better than any other clone memory card and certainly not worth paying a premium for.

The plastic case is slightly different inside too, the genuine Nintendo one has visible injection molding marks inside such as ABS and the manufacturing date code, these appear to be missing in the clones.