PSO Load V2.0a - Costis (LINUX)
(375.26 KiB) Downloaded 1040 times
PSOloadV2.0_OSX.zip
PSO Load V2.0a - Costis (OSX)
(144.78 KiB) Downloaded 1012 times
Aleron Ives

Re: PSO Exploit Loaders

Post by Aleron Ives » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:27 am

I apologise for bumping the absolute oldest thread in this section, but I'm researching this very topic. :oops:

I'm trying to find information on PSO's patching packets, and since Sega never used the patching function themselves, the only working implementations are in these programs for using PSO to boot homebrew on the GC. Sadly, none of them are open source, but I found an interesting reference on GC-Linux.org's page for psolore:
Indeed, there is already at least one PSOload-like clone with source code available (but with no reloading feature).
Does anybody know what this clone was called, who wrote it, or where I might find it? It sounds like the best way to learn about the patching feature outside of logging packets when using PSOLoad or PSUL.
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:39 am

psolore v1.0
Description: The psoload reloader, aka psolore, is a simple command line tool to reload code on a GameCube previously booted with PSOload or SDload, just like psoload -r does. It works on Linux and comes with source code. Look at the readme for more information.
Author: Albert "isobel" Herranz Version: 1.0 (Linux)
Attachments
psolore.tgz
(215.92 KiB) Downloaded 755 times
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:36 am

Yes, I found the quote on the wiki page for psolore, but it's not the software referenced in the quote. As I understand it, psolore requires you to have already used PSOload to exploit PSO's patching routine, and the patching routine itself is what I'm interested in, not the process of loading homebrew after you've exploited PSO. The quote makes it sound like there is an open-source alternative to PSOload, which would shed more light on how the patching process actually works (for use in an actual PSO server, not for loading homebrew), but I don't know what it's called, nor have I found any way to contact Albert Herranz to ask him about it.
Pysis

Post by Pysis » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:54 am

Can't run these files on my Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra (Intel).
Also cannot find the source code anywhere, just links to the same files like on Eurasia locked behind account access, version 1.1 of the program, and broken links. No repo on Github.

~/D/PSOloadV2.0_OSX file psoload2
psoload2: Mach-O executable ppc
~/D/PSOloadV2.0_Linux file psoload2
psoload2: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, stripped
~/D/PSOloadV2.0_Linux file psoload2_static
psoload2_static: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, stripped