Seeing that the GX emulators got some new updates in 2017-2018 and that there's still public interest in the Wii scene, i believe this is a good time to finally release it, since i couldn't do it last year (moving to another country and other RL stuff).
This fork will stay on Snes9x core version 1.52, and be focused primarily in maintaining full speed for all games, or as far as the Wii can push performance. Commits will still be cherry picked from the libretro/snes9x/snes9x gx as long as they do not degrade performance.
Any help, feedback, or comments, will be always welcome.
And last, but no least, thanks to Tantric (a.k.a. dborth), Zopenko, and more recently, Bladeoner, for maintaining the great GX emulator series.
Merry christmas to y'all!
Some of the highlights are:
* You can now play Super Mario World Central 9th Annual VLDC #9.
* -1 frame input lag difference.
* Kouryuu no Mimi english translation is playable.
* Tengai Makyou Zero - Far East of Eden english translation is playable.
* MSU-1 chip support.
* Revisited and updated spanish/italian translation.
* Gamecube & Wii build available.
Newest/Latest release at:
Readme available at:
https://github.com/niuus/Snes9xRX/blob/ ... README.txt
[3.0.0 - January 08, 2019]
* Gamecube Virtual Memory implementation. [emukidid]
- Adds ARAM usage via the TLB.
* Add toggle to enable/disable virtual memory info.
* Miscellaneous fixes.
[2.9.0 - January 07, 2019]
* Port option to not append "Auto" from vbagx. [libertyernie]
* Correct the default aspect ratio if the Wii has 16:9 set up. [Tantric]
[2.8.0 - January 06, 2019]
* Credits crash fix and minor update.
* Removed ImageFolder from GCSettings because it can always be retrieved
from GCSettings.PreviewImage, added function to get its value. [cebolleto]
* Changing image preview with plus button. [cebolleto]
[2.7.0 - January 03, 2019]
* Remove GUI Sounds and BG Music. A bit more resources available now. [bladeoner]
* Change settings.xml to settingsRX.xml [bladeoner]
* Remove rumble in GUI function. [bladeoner]
* Rollback scanline filter fix. Makes it crash when loading a ROM on the GCN port.
* Backport fix GC build with scanline filter. [Tantric/bladeoner]
* Forgotten cleanup for remove rumble function. [bladeoner]
[2.6.0 - December 29, 2018]
* Settings saving fix. (thanks, Askot!)
* New video filters / Fix for HQ2X-Scanlines change. [Tantric]
* Minor menu optimizations. [Tantric]
* Rollback graphic fix that broke StarFox graphics.
[2.5.0 - December 24, 2018]
* Remove some debugger code in cpuexec.
* Fix Mario's Time Machine. [bearoso]
* Fix tile selection in mosaic offset-per-tile mode. Fixes first Contra 3 boss. [bearoso]
[2.4.0 - December 22, 2018]
* Use a license stub everywhere [bladeoner]
[2.3.0 - December 20, 2018]
* Remove some debugger code.
* Remove some movie code from logger.
* Change where we break S9xMainLoopScan for input (Brunnis lag fix) [bearoso]
* Don't break interlace syncopation on frame skip. [bearoso]
* Add DMA timing hack for Koryu no Mimi translation by rpgone. [OV2]
[2.2.0 - December 7, 2018]
* Update ko.lang [DDinghoya]
* Automatically create preview image dirs if they don't exist. [Tantric]
* Remove update check completely. [Tantric]
* Reorder init to init snes9x memory earlier so it goes into MEM1. [Tantric]
* Disable multi pixel format support. [Tantric]
* Code cleanup and fix include references. [bladeoner]
* Change some defaults ("Artworks" to "Artwork"). [Tantric]
* Prevent overrunning the file buffer, increase buffer size to load larger IPS/UPS files. [Tantric]
[2.1.0 - November 26, 2018]
* Add BPS soft-patching support. [qwertymodo]
* MSU1 fixes backported. [bladeoner, qwertymodo]
* Compile fixes for Linux. [bladeoner]
* Allow loader (e.g. Homebrew Channel) to pass two arguments instead of three for autoload. [libertyernie]
* Check argc. [libertyernie]
[2.0.0 - October 21, 2017]
* Compatible with the new english translation for "Tengai Makyou Zero - FeoE".
[1.9.0 - October 10, 2017]
* Remove things and tidy up.
[1.8.0 - September 29, 2017]
* Partially remove movie code (part 6).
* Update mouse handling.
* Partially remove NETPLAY code.
[1.7.2 - September 27, 2017]
* Partially remove movie code (part 5).
[1.7.1 - September 26, 2017]
* Partially remove movie code (part 4).
[1.7.0 - September 25, 2017]
* Partially remove movie code (part 3).
[1.6.0 - September 05, 2017]
* Partially remove movie code (part 2).
* Fix MSU-1 file loading after saving/loading snapshots. [qwertymodo]
* Sync MSU-1 code with upstream (sync 2). [qwertymodo]
[1.5.0 - September 01, 2017]
* Partially remove movie code (part 1).
* New attempt to fix RAM mapping for Light Fantasy (matches Higan). [qwertymodo]
[1.4.0 - August 31, 2017]
* SuperFX fixes and improvements, some from snes9x2010. [jamsilva]
[1.3.0 - August 30, 2017]
* Added 20 MHz overclock option for the SuperFX chip.
* Remove movie code. [twinaphex]
* Sync MSU-1 code with upstream (sync 1). [qwertymodo]
* Circuit USA timing hack. [bearoso]
[1.2.0 - July 03, 2017]
* Copied VLDC9 fix from snes9x_3ds. [jamsilva]
* Support for more SA1 char conversion modes. [jamsilva]
* Still cleaning things up... [jamsilva]
[1.1.0 - January 14, 2017]
* Remove unnecessary msu1 reset. [OV2]
* Pack status registers before snapshotting so they're not lost. [GregorR]
[1.0.0 - December 27, 2016]
* New color scheme.
* Changed references to bapu/dsp
* Revisited and updated spanish translation.
* Revisited and updated italian translation.
* Removed unused files.
* Fixed GC build.
* Fast-Forward on the right stick is enabled again.
* MSU-1 fixes from the qwertymodo branch.
* The minimum file size for a ROM is now 30KB.
* Fixed typos.
Games with known issues: * Chou Aniki - Bakuretsu Rantou Hen (J)
Hangs at black screen after the 1st or 2nd round.
* Kick Off 3 - European Challenge (E)
Some garbage on the upper part of the screen of the soccer field.
* Lobo (U) [Prototype]
* Robocop vs. The Terminator (U)
Black strobe effect on gameplay.