Is anyone still working on FCE Ultra GX?

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
Sowden1

Is anyone still working on FCE Ultra GX?

Post by Sowden1 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:59 pm

Cause I have a feature I would like to request. I was wondering if a feature could be added to change the in-game menu selection (Left-C) to a button combination. I use a rahnet GC to NES controller and I need to use the GC controller in the second port in order to get to the menu selections. Just wondering if anyone is still working on it to add it on a fork or something.
Andross89

Re: Is anyone still working on FCE Ultra GX?

Post by Andross89 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:04 pm

https://github.com/dborth

You can suggest to this and other emulators.
Jweeber

Post by Jweeber » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:32 am

dborth attempted to address your request with the latest revision ~3.4.1 - January 4, 2019 @Sowden1 but unfortunately this revision no longer recognizes any controller input at all. I tried with a wired controller as well as a wavebird. I think dborth may visit this site so maybe things will work out. I'm too lazy to sign up to github to issue a bug report right now. I may do so if the issue goes unresolved.

On a more positive note the latest revision of snes9xgx~4.4.1 - January 4, 2019, also compiled/maintained by dborth no longer crashes on my particular set up. Thanks dborth for the gamecube love!
Tanooki16

Post by Tanooki16 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:44 pm

@Jweeber dborth fixed the problem of the gamecube pad in the last commit, I compiled it and I updated the NES Classic palette of FBX
Attachments
fceugx-gc-f490574.zip
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 579 times
Jweeber

Post by Jweeber » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:16 pm

Thank you Tanooki16. Your efforts are appreciated. This gamecube community is the best!
Sowden1

Post by Sowden1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:28 am

Hey guys. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the github. I will try to sign up to post a issue. And thanks for that post Tanooki16. For some reason on my GC the latest version crashed on opening. Not any more though! Thanks guys.
niuus

Post by niuus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:06 am

Sowden1 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:59 pm
Cause I have a feature I would like to request. I was wondering if a feature could be added to change the in-game menu selection (Left-C) to a button combination. I use a rahnet GC to NES controller and I need to use the GC controller in the second port in order to get to the menu selections. Just wondering if anyone is still working on it to add it on a fork or something.
Hi Sowden1. Check:
https://github.com/niuus/FCEUltraRX/

It uses Start+A+B+Z combo to exit to the menu (or the old C-Stick left press). I left this specially for the Raphnet users.

This one has L+R+X+Y combo, though i think i'll change it to the same combination as the FCEUltraRX one, since it would also allow NES controller users to exit to the menu (for those that play SNES 2 button games).
https://github.com/niuus/Snes9xRX/
Sowden1

Post by Sowden1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:18 am

Holy cow! I can now roam around Swiss and FCE Ultra with ease using my raphnet controller. And I just got my 8bitdo wireless DIY board so I'm wireless now too :D Too happy. Thanks for chiming in man, I'll check out your SNES fork too. You still working on this guy?
alex90

Post by alex90 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Very appreciated; thanks for your time and hard work.
Are by the way these RX builds now more recommended over the other builds?
niuus

Post by niuus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:38 pm

Sowden1 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:18 am
Holy cow! I can now roam around Swiss and FCE Ultra with ease using my raphnet controller. And I just got my 8bitdo wireless DIY board so I'm wireless now too :D Too happy. Thanks for chiming in man, I'll check out your SNES fork too. You still working on this guy?
Glad to help! Yes, i do occasional updates to it.
alex90 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Very appreciated; thanks for your time and hard work.
Are by the way these RX builds now more recommended over the other builds?
Well, i didn't make these forks to be a replacement, though i would encourage you to check the new changelog (and screens) to see if it suits your needs or use. You can also check the discussion over here and here.