Yo.

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
Boured

Yo.

Post by Boured » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:05 am

Yo, I have yet to introduce myself after that whole battery thing in support, which is fixed btw as the last guy who posted was right. But enough of that, time to get some introductions.

My name online is Boured, I'm 19 living near my laptop of which I am typing this. I recently purchased a GameCube and which after a bit of annoyance and the grand total of $284.98 (Wallets gonna be hurting a bit) got it up and working with HDMI.

One of my main reasons for getting this was the library of games such as Pokemon Colosseum/XD and LOZTP oh and finally Animal Crossing. Another was the Game Boy Player, which with the GCHD MK II with HDMI and GBIHF, gave me pretty much the clearest and most accurate GB/GBC/GBA experiences possible (Like to the point where I can cut myself on those pixels), As well as eventually speedrunning Metroid Zero Mission. I grew up with the GBA, and probably would have with a GameCube had I'd been a little more financially stable as a kid.

My favorite GBA game would be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
My favorite GameCube game so far would have to be Pokemon Colosseum, as that is the only one I managed to beat before, with Animal Crossing being a close second.

Hope to do well here, my setup and consoles are all in my signature if you wanna see them. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Finally, I wish you all a good day/night!
-------
1 x GameCube DOL-001 + Game Boy Player + GCHD Mk II + Xen8GC & SD Gecko + Everdrive GBA X5
1 x AGS-101 GBA SP (Graphite)
1 x AGS-101 GBA SP (No LCD + 3rd Party Shell)
2 x AGS-001 (Flame Red/Platinum)
Papy.G

Re: Yo.

Post by Papy.G » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:24 am

Hello, and welcome.
Glad my guess was right, did you install a battery compartment, or just replaced the battery?
Is your GC NTSC, or PAL?

You didn't get the setup for cheap, you bought all this stuff in a rush? Or you put the games that beefed up the bill in this grand total?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Boured

Post by Boured » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:46 am

Papy.G wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:24 am
Hello, and welcome.
Glad my guess was right, did you install a battery compartment, or just replaced the battery?
Is your GC NTSC, or PAL?

You didn't get the setup for cheap, you bought all this stuff in a rush? Or you put the games that beefed up the bill in this grand total?
1. Just replaced the battery, I won't need to deal with it for like 9 or 10 years so I'll be fine, it's also different in that it has a green circle around the battery instead of yellow.
2. NTSC, was intending to get a PAL to use SCART for the GBP only but then saw the GCHD Mk II and decided I want the full package.

I will now breakdown my setup, could have got some cheaper but I wanted stuff close and quick.

1.DOL-001 Black - I wanted the GBP to blend in with the system, also cause black looks generally nice and sleek to me.
Price: $29.99 + $12.99 Shipping (Expedited?)
Store: eBay

2. OEM Power Supply - Nothing beats the OEM products, when you can afford them at least.
Price: $13.55 (Free Shipping)

3. Action Replay for GameCube - Cause I had a 2GB SD laying around and didn't wanna pay the shipping for a new SD Media Launcher
Price: $26.49 (Free Shipping)

4. Generic SD Gecko - Should have got it cheaper, but the thing was same day shipping due to distance.
Price: $10.39 (Free Shipping)

5. Game Boy Player (No Disc) - WHO NEEDS A DISC WHEN YOU GOT D O L S
Price: $16.00 + $8.60 Shipping

6. Replacement CR2032 Battery - To fix that thing that was happening, I can now Cross Animals. Could have got for like $1-2, but I preferred using a store I trust for trustworthy parts and games.
Price: $5.99 (Free Shipping)
Store: lukiegames.com

7. GCHD Mk II (Black) - The big boy, the thing that is pretty much half of that sum total. Though trust me it's worth it, and way better than the official Component cables in terms of price. With it and my GBP with GBI, my GBA games can cut me with dem pixels.
Price: $149.99 (Free 2-Day Shipping)
Store: Amazon

8. iVankey Brand HDMI cable - Was well rated and cheap, and I can see why it was well rated.
Price: $7.99 (Free 2-Day Shipping)
Store: Amazon

9. 3rd Party Memory Card - Equaling 500 blocks in total, plenty for saved games and even some big GC games like Colosseum.
Price: ...$10? Forgot as I bought it from a local shop.
Store: Game Grid

10. (Extra) Two 3rd Party GC Controllers and a GBA-GC Link Cable - Bought these way long ago, for use with my Wii and Nintendon't/SSB Brawl.
Price: $0 (Already Owned)

11. Sony BRAVIA KDL-32R300C - A 720p TV which is perfect for GameCube being 480p, and is able to take both 480p and 240p over HDMI. As well as being able to run GBIHF, with hdcustom format it detects the image as a jacked in PC, with 3 scaling settings: Normal, Full 1, Full 2.

Normal: 240x160 at the center of the screen, smol boi.
Full 1: Seems to just be a 2X scale. (What I use cause mah resolutions/aspect ratio). Not to mention it doesn't seem to apply a Bilinear filter to Full 1, meaning I'm gonna bleed from dem pixels.
Full 2: Stardard TV "Make it bigger" While it doesn't fill the entire screen, it widens the image on hdcustom format, killing the aspect ratio. Basically: No.

Price: $0 (Had it before purchasing the GameCube, can be bought for $200 to my knowledge)

12. EverDrive GBA X5 - Bought it way before, pretty much a month after release when most of the hardware issues were fixed.
Price: $0 (Had it already)

GC Games did not inflate the price, I use SD cards for now, cause my wallet was is already crying, I do plan in the future to buy the discs cause I'm a good boy.

Finally, pardon my appalling camera, but this is the best I could do to show you the GBP + GBI on my TV.

photo_2019-04-17_05-24-13.jpg
(153.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
-------
1 x GameCube DOL-001 + Game Boy Player + GCHD Mk II + Xen8GC & SD Gecko + Everdrive GBA X5
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:40 pm

1) HD formats don't work properly over HDMI, and most video modes trigger the other chroma shift bug in GCVideo-DVI.

2) This isn't how GBIHF is meant to be used.
Boured

Post by Boured » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:34 pm

Extrems wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:40 pm
1) HD formats don't work properly over HDMI, and most video modes trigger the other chroma shift bug in GCVideo-DVI.

2) This isn't how GBIHF is meant to be used.
Ah, thank you for the clarification. I'm new to GameCubes and Video stuff in general, I assumed hdcustom was what I needed. Also I wanted the purest possible signal out of it which is why I used GBIHF Thank you for the explination man, your software is amazing!
-------