Need help with Game Boy Interface

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
funkylad

Need help with Game Boy Interface

Post by funkylad » Mon May 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Hey everyone. I'm a total noob when it comes to technical stuff, but I love my games looking good so I bought all the stuff I'd need to play my GB, GBC, and GBA games in the best quality on my Gamecube.
I keep seeing other people use Game boy Interface and their GB and GBA games always look so crisp! I want that quality for my games but every time I start up GBI through Swiss it looks kind of blurry.
I'm using Zelda Xpro's HDMI GC Video Plug n Play 3.0, hooked up through my XRGB-Mini Framemeister, and i'm loading up Swiss and GBI through an action replay SD Media Launcher.
I don't know what settings to use or even how to set them, I'm completely lost.
Basically, I just want to know what the best settings are for my set up, how to get the best quality through my Framemeister, and also how to set those settings.
Extrems

Re: Need help with Game Boy Interface

Post by Extrems » Mon May 13, 2019 10:17 pm

You're screwed with that setup.
funkylad

Post by funkylad » Mon May 13, 2019 10:23 pm

Damn. How so? What changes do I have to make? I really don't know where to start
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon May 13, 2019 10:29 pm

You'll first need a Nintendo GameCube RGB Cable (PAL models only), Nintendo GameCube Component Cable, or EON GCHD Mk-II + Wii Component Cable. Then you might want to consider swapping the XRGB-mini Framemeister for an Open Source Scan Converter.
funkylad

Post by funkylad » Mon May 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Jeeze. Well that'll have to wait, pretty pricey. Especially after buying this (I guess useless?) GC Video Plug n Play. Thanks
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue May 14, 2019 9:40 am

No, the GCVideo PnP isn't useless, just throw the Framemeister first, and try this setup on different settings. ;)

We may have helped a little further if only you told us what kind of display do you use.

For GBI, try the "normal" version, launch it from SWISS to be able to adjust video settings, and see what makes the display look better.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
funkylad

Post by funkylad » Tue May 14, 2019 5:30 pm

Thanks. For some reason when I launch GBI it doesnt give me an options menu or anything, it just launches immediately. Maybe I'll try re downloading it to my SD card, maybe I messed something up the first time.
Also my display is a Sony Bravia tv
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue May 14, 2019 5:39 pm

I had the same problem some times ago, and believed it was due to Swiss Version. It happened once more today, I wonder why but it seems that you need to show unknown files in SWISS options to be able to make use of the .DCP files.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
funkylad

Post by funkylad » Tue May 14, 2019 7:40 pm

That worked! Thanks, it's really been bugging me that I couldn't access the settings, finally that's fixed.
Using the settings there I was able to get a pretty good picture with my set up, not perfect but pretty good. So hurray!