Mario Kart: Double Dash LAN (2 Wii's) HELP!!

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
louis-damour

Re: Mario Kart: Double Dash LAN (2 Wii's) HELP!!

Post by louis-damour » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:15 am

Do we have any update about this? I think I experience exactly the same problems here...
RetroGam3r

Post by RetroGam3r » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:02 pm

tueidj wrote:
chorgox wrote:(that's how you tested right? )
I tested with 2 wiis, 2 wiis + 1 wiiu, 2 wiis + wiiu + 2 PCs... all worked, regardless of wifi or wired connections.
Could you you explain each step you took to get wii to wii communication to work through devolution with a lan adapter setup?
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 pm

RetroGam3r wrote:
tueidj wrote:
chorgox wrote:(that's how you tested right? )
I tested with 2 wiis, 2 wiis + 1 wiiu, 2 wiis + wiiu + 2 PCs... all worked, regardless of wifi or wired connections.
Could you you explain each step you took to get wii to wii communication to work through devolution with a lan adapter setup?
Setup network using the system menu like normal, start MK using Devolution, start LAN game... no different from using wifi.
boredomca

Post by boredomca » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:58 am

Just gotta say that is the most badass TV. Where did you get it and how do I find one?
RetroGam3r

Post by RetroGam3r » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:51 am

I have both wiis with their respective ethernet cables running into a hub that has another ethernet cable running into it with the wifi so that the wiis know how to ping to the wifi. Does the brand of the hub, router, or the internet service provider make a huge difference?
Sir LoLz

Post by Sir LoLz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:00 am

Hello! I actually made an account so I can reply. So please help me :P

I'm not so much interested in 2 wiis as I am running lan at all. Some of you guys said you were able to connect a Wii running devolution to dolphin. How did you do that? I installed openVPN and enabled the GBB on dolphin. bridged my connection (also tried without bridging) but the 2 are stuck on the "searching for other gamecubes" screen. I can't seem to find anyone else talk about it.

Thanks much
mr. lester

Post by mr. lester » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:58 am

i suspect devolution has the same BBA mac address as its other wii counterpart does. having the same mac address causes problems. testing the same BBA mac addresses with 2 dolphins does causes similar results. if emulator inconsistencies between dolphin and devo didn't exist I suspect the results would be the same. if i knew how to modify devolution's code to test this, i would.

tldr: devo has the same BBA mac address no matter what console it's in, therefore causing network problems.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:01 am

Does the MAC adress still import if you give IP adresses manually?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
mr. lester

Post by mr. lester » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:42 am

Papy.G wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:01 am
Does the MAC adress still import if you give IP adresses manually?
i don't believe that would be the case. for dolphin, the emulator hooks to a specific ether net adapter per emulator, and those adapters have their own mac addresses, but the bba mac address is for bba sessions only, is completely separate from the ether net adapter address, and is specific to that dolphin emulator and can never be the same as another emulator's address. for this situation, the wiis are the ether net adapters and the emulator of choice is devolution. the wiis do have their own mac addresses, which is nice, but devolution has the same bba mac address, which is not good. changing the bba mac address is not possible by changing the mac address of the game's host adapter.
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:19 pm

The LAN games have no concept of what an IP address is, as they presumably operate at layer 2 only. Each NIC needs its own MAC address, or the LAN will not function properly. Apparently Devolution uses a hardcoded MAC address for its virtual BBA rather than selecting one randomly or allowing you to change it in the configuration, so it will always be impossible to involve more than one Devolution Wii in a match. Thankfully Nintendont now has a BBA beta that enables support for the LAN games and PSO (and soon Homeland), so you can use multiple Wiis that way.
mr. lester

Post by mr. lester » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:30 am

nintendont and devolution DOES work, but for some reason i can't get devolution to connect to dolphin anymore. i have not changed any settings from my most recent testing, so i fail to understand why this odd behavior is happening. i will resume testing tomorrow to attempt to get them to work, and have nintendont + devolution + 2 dolphins working at the same time.
mr. lester

Post by mr. lester » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:54 pm

I've got some wonderful news. 2 wiis is very much possible!
My Setup: 2 pc emulators (Dolphin) fullscreened in separate displays
Nintendont (BBA emulation beta) in Wii
Devolution in Virtual Wii (Wii U)

start up LAN and connect the Wii consoles last. the wii emulators MUST be different or it will not work. this may be the first time 2 wiis have seen eachother in a mkdd LAN room, with photographic evidence.
20191003_174817.jpg
(3.19 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by mr. lester on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr. lester

Post by mr. lester » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Sir LoLz wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:00 am
Hello! I actually made an account so I can reply. So please help me :P

I'm not so much interested in 2 wiis as I am running lan at all. Some of you guys said you were able to connect a Wii running devolution to dolphin. How did you do that? I installed openVPN and enabled the GBB on dolphin. bridged my connection (also tried without bridging) but the 2 are stuck on the "searching for other gamecubes" screen. I can't seem to find anyone else talk about it.

Thanks much
step 1. be able to get 2 dolphin emulators to see eachother in a LAN party on your pc.
step 2. connect your network bridge to your network.
step 3. start up mkdd on dolphin and your wii emulator of choice.
step 4. start LAN on mkdd dolphin first, then wait for the countdown to appear.
step 5. once the number has reached 170, start the LAN on the mkdd wii gc emulator. the countdown should start immediately.
step 6. once the countdown reaches 170 on wii, it will see the pc emulator and you will have a successful wii to pc LAN connection.
mr. lester

Post by mr. lester » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:59 am

this may be my final post, but it is for the better. I believe it is possible to connect as many wiis as you wish now, using the new and updated Nintendont with BBA emulation! https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blo ... l?raw=true It may be toggled off or on with the game settings in the game selection menu. different emulators are no longer a requirement, which obsoletes devolution in the process. oh well.
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:21 am

You can connect more than one Wii, but the FPS will start to tank as you add more of them. You still need real cubes to max out the number of players.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:49 pm

The BBA emulation doesn't perform 100% the speed of the real hardware?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:29 am

What I gathered from FIX94 was that the GC and BBA can operate faster than a Wii, which has to use software to mimic what the GC and BBA accomplish in hardware. The Starlet can only handle so much at once.
BimboBoop

Post by BimboBoop » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:26 pm

Using devolution on Wii, and linking to a Gamecube with Broadband adapter I played 4 players parties at Mario Kart, Kiryby and 1080 without any issues, as far i remember... But i figure you guys are asking about compatibility with this new Nintendont version?
BimboBoop

Post by BimboBoop » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:45 pm

Guys sorry about the double posting but I just tried the new Nintendon't version with LAN support linking with my Gamecube with Broadband adapter and it work pretty good. I tried Mario kart and I only notice the Widescreen hacks were much better at Devolution, but is ok.
Something nice about Nintendont is now it seems to have less compatibility issues with modems, routers and even switches.

I just tried this setup with NIntendont and it was a totall Success, something cant be done with devolution.

GAMECUBE + WII => Broadband Switch => Router . It worked great!!!
turnerl

Post by turnerl » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:28 pm

BimboBoop wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:45 pm
Guys sorry about the double posting but I just tried the new Nintendon't version with LAN support linking with my Gamecube with Broadband adapter and it work pretty good. I tried Mario kart and I only notice the Widescreen hacks were much better at Devolution, but is ok.
Something nice about Nintendont is now it seems to have less compatibility issues with modems, routers and even switches.

I just tried this setup with NIntendont and it was a totall Success, something cant be done with devolution.

GAMECUBE + WII => Broadband Switch => Router . It worked great!!!
Nice, must give this a try!
BimboBoop

Post by BimboBoop » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:48 pm

Yeaph. I hope they could add WiiU compatibility too. That way we could link 3 "gamecubes" for Mario Kart Parties, using 1 gamecube, 1 wii and 1 wiiu...1 console left to the max of 16 players!!
Sir LoLz

Post by Sir LoLz » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:07 pm

BimboBoop wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:48 pm
Yeaph. I hope they could add WiiU compatibility too. That way we could link 3 "gamecubes" for Mario Kart Parties, using 1 gamecube, 1 wii and 1 wiiu...1 console left to the max of 16 players!!
That is possible with the latest build of Nintendont! Here is a video of me using 4 consoles! (Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Dolphin)

https://youtu.be/ovnu1xaIBIU