Gamecube and 12V

Find all your GameCube topics here
Salmi

Gamecube and 12V

Post by Salmi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi All,
I bought a GC which had no sound. I soldered a wire from the GC motherboard 5V pin to power audio amp. I got sound now, but it was not the best, it had distortion, I didnt liked it. So I checked w multimeter and realized the GC motherboard doesnt even get 12V on the power pinout. So I soldered a wire from the incoming wire directly to the 12V pin (see attachment). Now my question is that it is safe this way, or its risky to make connection directly from the incoming 12V? Sorry for my bad english and thanks.
Attachments
asdfefes.PNG
(451.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Papy.G

Re: Gamecube and 12V

Post by Papy.G » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:44 pm

It may not be quite safe and wise. There must be some blown fuse in the power board or something, by shorting them you may end up with a fried motherboard.
If you can, test the power lines down to where they fail.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Salmi

Re: Gamecube and 12V

Post by Salmi » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:19 am

Thanks. I think I will break the connection between the 12 V pin and the power board and then there is no chance of shortage. The pin doesnt get the 12 V so it doesnt matter if it has connection to power board or not.