Swiss vs SD-Boot

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Tripo

Swiss vs SD-Boot

Post by Tripo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:17 pm

One question.
does Swiss has the same game supported as SD boot or does it have better or lower support for games.
or can Swiss boot some games and SD boot some other games.
also is it going to be an version that is not need to have a original Disc in the drive.
Because like me I boot with SDML and not need to switch to a full game would be much easier.
SrTommy

Re: Swiss vs SD-Boot

Post by SrTommy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:57 pm

Tripo wrote:also is it going to be an version that is not need to have a original Disc in the drive.
I don't understand why I have to use an original disc in the drive. I tested several games without remove the SD-Load DVD and the games works perfect.

Is there some game that really needs an original DVD in the tray?
Tripo

Post by Tripo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:20 pm

it is not needed but some big games stops working at least in SDboot.
and if you have an original disc in that has daata all over the disc they play fine.

also heer they say the same.

http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... f=25&t=429
doktor_krotch

Post by doktor_krotch » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Tripo wrote:One question.
I believe you asked at least two.

Emu_kidid is working towards making Swiss an all-in-one program for gamecube homebrew. It is a complete rewrite of the sd-boot code, but for your purposes it's a newer version of the same program. It has newer features and supports additional devices like the IDE-EXI adapter.

Compatibility at the moment is... different, let's say. Because the code for Swiss is new, compatibility will be different to sd-boot. There may be a small number of games that sd-boot still runs better (though I doubt it would be many at all). The difference is that development on sd-boot has stopped so compatibility can never improve, whilst Swiss gets better with every new version.

Finally, you need an original disc in the drive for sd-boot. With Swiss you can use any disc, but it still requires one in the drive for the moment.
diskxtreme

Post by diskxtreme » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:47 am

doktor_krotch wrote: Finally, you need an original disc in the drive for sd-boot. With Swiss you can use any disc, but it still requires one in the drive for the moment.
Can be the ACTION REPLAY DISK or I need the original disk of a game???, I have some problems in SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE, FIFA STREET 2 and MARIO STRIKERS T_T
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:31 am

One from a real game, Action Replay contains dummy data which makes it hard to read and it tends to skip / error out with dre's.
doktor_krotch

Post by doktor_krotch » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:37 am

OH YOU SAID IT BIG KEV!
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:26 am

doktor_krotch wrote:OH YOU SAID IT BIG KEV!
:lol: your not the first person to call me that who are u? hides.
doktor_krotch

Post by doktor_krotch » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:24 am

lols, I was going to post the exact same thing as you but you beat me to it by seconds.
diskxtreme

Post by diskxtreme » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:59 am

kevstah2004 wrote:One from a real game, Action Replay contains dummy data which makes it hard to read and it tends to skip / error out with dre's.
Oh it works, thanks :mrgreen: