PSOload problem...

Find all your GameCube topics here
mark458

PSOload problem...

Post by mark458 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:16 pm

So Ive done as instructed but the gamecube just freezes and I see this on my computer

Established a connection with PSO successfully!
Sending GC program file E:\Program Files (x86)\Phoenix\mgsgcl.dol to PSO client... Please wait!

That's all I get...
mark458

Re: PSOload problem...

Post by mark458 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:23 pm

So Ive managed to get past the frozen screen and I get the what Im assuming is the interface software to load on the GC, however, when it goes to start the game it either freezes or tells me initialization error...
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:39 am

What do you plan to do with PSO Load?
Are you trying to boot homebrew the oldschool way just for fun?
Or are you just not aware (as we could've seen recently) that there are so many other ways to achieve this, way effortless, and with much better results regarding speed and compatibility.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
mark458

Post by mark458 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:30 am

Papy.G wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:39 am
What do you plan to do with PSO Load?
Are you trying to boot homebrew the oldschool way just for fun?
Or are you just not aware (as we could've seen recently) that there are so many other ways to achieve this, way effortless, and with much better results regarding speed and compatibility.
Im looking to play GC game ISOs off my computer. I bought the Phantasy game and the network adapter just for it.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:56 am

That's been rendered obsolete by Swiss and its support for the File Service Protocol. I put a lot of work in that.
mark458

Post by mark458 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Ok... So what can I do that wont require me to buy anything else and will allow me to play the games off my computer? I did initially look for swiss but I couldn't find it
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:19 pm

Too bad you didn't find up-to date information first, and hope you didn't have to fork out too much for the BBA. Still, it is something that can be of some use, at last, or can be sold pretty much easily.

It's the proof of internet search engines limits: they aren't able to sort out the most pertinent and up to date information. I fell into that when looking for the latest emulators on the Gamecube.

If you have one of the games that can be hacked with the save exploit technique, you have to go on with PSOload to first be able to run GCMM. If you have a GC compatible Wii (or can borrow it to relatives), it will be easier.
SWISS takes 150 blocks on a memcard, so you may need an SD card adapter (regular SD to Memcard or µSD to serial port, underneath the GC, if you don't have a DOL-101) such adapters may be found for $ 2-3, the SD2SP2 can be build from parts, as can be seen in the video linked in my signature.
Some of the exploitable games can be found for $10 or less, 007AUF, for example.

Links:

SWISS's github releases page

How to boot homebrew (GC forever WIKI)

SD2SP2 from citrus3000psi's store If you wanna thank him for doing this at first, chinese have those for less than $2 free shipping.

For the memcard to SD adapter (SD Gecko), the cheapest I can find are on eBay little more than $2 shipping included, they are a little more expensive than the SD2SP2 and prevents the use of the Microphone, but work on Wii, and take regular size cards.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:33 pm

The Broadband Adapter is definitely worth it. The new read patches were and are made for it. SD cards are a secondary target.
mark458

Post by mark458 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:40 am

Extrems wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:33 pm
The Broadband Adapter is definitely worth it. The new read patches were and are made for it. SD cards are a secondary target.
CAn you link me to that please?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:47 am

You just use Swiss together with fspd.
mark458

Post by mark458 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:33 pm

Yeah... I downloaded swiss, no idea how to use it, and I checked out fspd… No idea what to download or how to use it... is there a video I can watch? I have always had a hard time learning by reading... Im a hands on type person, if I see it done I can easily do it but just reading how to do it is extremely difficult for me.
mark458

Post by mark458 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:56 pm

Anyone? AllI was told it use this program ans this program.... with no instructionon how?
mark458

Post by mark458 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:47 am

???
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:35 pm

In a general manner, you have to understand a minimum of what is happening when you dive into homebrew, so reading is usually the key. While it seems slightly complicated at first sight, it is way easier now than back in the days.

I don't have PSO nor a BBA, but I suspect you have to do somehing like:

Set up the PSO Load thing and find a way to send SWISS instead of mgsgcl.dol, remaming SWISS.dol as mgsgcl.dol in its directory (E:\Program Files (x86)\Phoenix\mgsgcl.dol).

Then, setup a FSP server for SWISS to load ISOs off it.

May I be off, please someone correct me.

emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:23 am

Firstly, grab the latest version of Swiss from the github releases page.

1. Boot Swiss from whatever homebrew method you may have (it sounds like it's going to be psoload).
2. Start FSPD on your PC (noting the port it's running on etc, some pre-compiled windows binaries only run on port 80 despite you forcing a port)
3. In Swiss, enter the settings menu, configure your save device on the first page. Go to the second page of the settings, enable "Initialise network on startup", also fill out the FSP details, if you're using it without auth, just put anything into the username/password fields. Hit save.
4. Go to the device selection menu (hit the eject symbol on bottom left hand side of the screen), select FSP, see if you can launch games.