PokéLoad - A Colosseum/XD Exploit

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
FIX94

PokéLoad - A Colosseum/XD Exploit

Post by FIX94 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:56 pm

I just finished up the work of the original POC exploit by TuxSH:
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... =38&t=3131

Grab yourself the current release and install it with a softmodded Wii and GCMM.
The exploit loads a boot.dol installed on your memory card converted with dol2gci (as found in Home Bros) so make sure to also install one with GCMM, it will just crash otherwise.

If you are interested in the source its included on the github page.

See it in action right here loading Swiss:
In Colosseum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NuFFqAB2Zw
In XD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu01Kh8-DXM
Last edited by FIX94 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supershadow64ds

Re: PokéLoad - A Colosseum/XD Exploit

Post by Supershadow64ds » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:59 am

Forgive me if this is off-topic or unwarranted, but I just wanted to thank you for creating this and allowing myself and many others to use the Home Bros. exploit without needing to shelve out 60+$ for a used inflated copy of Melee.

I also wanted to ask: Are the included GCI files all required, or are they simply different regions?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:18 am

They are for the different games and regions. E = NTSC-U, P = PAL, J = NTSC-J, check your disc to be sure which version to use if you're unsure.
ShockSlayer

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Both trainers send out Sunkern...coincidence? I think not!

(What is he hiding? What does he know?)

More on this later.
arbazkool

Post by arbazkool » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:42 am

Every time it goes into battle it crashes, what do I do
FIX94

Post by FIX94 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:30 pm

arbazkool wrote:Every time it goes into battle it crashes, what do I do
which bool.dol did you install onto your memory card? I know certain files dont work too well.
arbazkool

Post by arbazkool » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:15 am

It was a Swiss.dol and I know why it wasn't working, I couldn't get IT to convert in cmd so i used a bat command someone made and it was supposed to show "boot.dol" as the comments, instead it showed the directory to where my file was. But sadly I still can't figure out a way to convert it and I don't have anything else to use other than this game and I don't want to buy anything other than an sd gecko
FIX94

Post by FIX94 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:00 pm

oh well then, just converted the current nightly swiss_r342-compressed.dol to a gci which should work just fine.
Attachments
swiss_r342-compressed_gci.zip
(958.83 KiB) Downloaded 1456 times
arbazkool

Post by arbazkool » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:12 pm

thanks
ochentay4

Post by ochentay4 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Could someont tell me how to do this exploit? The video is missing and there arent instructions.
My setup:
Nintendo Gamecube PAL + Game Boy Player + Pokémon Colosseum PAL (for Exploit) + Memcard 64(A) + SDGecko4GB(B)
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:50 am

ochentay4 wrote:Could someont tell me how to do this exploit? The video is missing and there arent instructions.
You need a way to run homebrew like Swiss or GCMM to copy the save file to your memory card. Also grab boot.gci from Swiss or GBI depending on what you want to do and copy it to the card. You can use a softmodded Wii for this.
These are the video links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NuFFqAB2Zw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu01Kh8-DXM
ochentay4

Post by ochentay4 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:45 am

Managed to do it on a PAL Gamecube, cant believe my luck as Colosseum disc was gifted, its great! I'm really happy! Thanks!
My setup:
Nintendo Gamecube PAL + Game Boy Player + Pokémon Colosseum PAL (for Exploit) + Memcard 64(A) + SDGecko4GB(B)
Invader TAK

Post by Invader TAK » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:08 am

I'm having issues running the Colosseum version on aJapanese GameCube (actually a North American GameCube that I region converted since that's an easy job even for a soldering noob like myself). After triggering the exploit, the screen goes black then my TV says "No Signal". It's like it's trying to load the boot.dol (Swiss in this case) in PAL mode. I still have a XenoGC Cube that I can use for homebrew, but I figured I'd test this exploit since Colosseum is the only Japanese GameCube game I have with one.
Setup:

North American GameCube with XenoGC, OEM Memory Card 1019, Game Boy Player, and SDGecko with SanDisk Ultra 32GB SD Card
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:54 am

Invader TAK wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:08 am
I'm having issues running the Colosseum version on aJapanese GameCube (actually a North American GameCube that I region converted since that's an easy job even for a soldering noob like myself). After triggering the exploit, the screen goes black then my TV says "No Signal". It's like it's trying to load the boot.dol (Swiss in this case) in PAL mode. I still have a XenoGC Cube that I can use for homebrew, but I figured I'd test this exploit since Colosseum is the only Japanese GameCube game I have with one.
To rule out that, try loading something else like GBI.dol?
Invader TAK

Post by Invader TAK » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:15 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:54 am
Invader TAK wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:08 am
To rule out that, try loading something else like GBI.dol?
I tried GBI.dol as well. Same result. I should also mention that the memory card is formatted for Japanese games and I loaded both the exploit and the boot.dols I tried using GCMM on the XenoGC Cube, since that might affect things.
Setup:

North American GameCube with XenoGC, OEM Memory Card 1019, Game Boy Player, and SDGecko with SanDisk Ultra 32GB SD Card
WkrGC

Post by WkrGC » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:23 am

I confirm that the exploit works in Pokemon Colosseum PAL.
On the first attempt, it was blocked, making a deafening noise.
I waited a couple of minutes and restarted the console.
Remember that the exploit once you load save, is launched when you perform a first battle.
Leave the building and go right until you find an old man.
Thanks FIX94.
jayt__

Post by jayt__ » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:36 pm

Hello, i need some help, im noob on this. Which are the files that i have to put into the memory card? I have the pal game so i have to insert the gc6p.gci, and next the boot.dol of swiss? I got the .dol file from the wiki, it was in the dol folder, is it correct?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:22 pm

Along the save exploit (gc6p.gci), you'll have to put a file (boot.gci) that can be anything from SWISS (in the gci folder), any version of GameBoy Interface, or a forwarder to a flash memory card (usually called DoLauncher) but then, you'll have to put SWISS.dol at the root of the card you're using for your homebrews and/or ISOs, renamed according to what the forwarder expects (IPL.dol, autoexec.dol, boot.dol…) so it boots it.

The forwarder alows to save more room on the GC Memory Card, makes for easier updates of whatever you want to boot, and can allow different "work environments" with different default boot depending on which card you put in your adapter.

Once all that is set, you'll just have to add the save exploit for any exploited game you want to add.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)