How to change Swiss defaults for game-specific settings?

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
mario64

Re: How to change Swiss defaults for game-specific settings?

Post by mario64 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:11 pm

Ticket opened regarding this issue
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:03 pm

Ok, so I tested with the r766, and still no luck.
Is the default game setup (specially video mode forcing) supposed to take effect when no setup for a specific game has been recorded, when setup for this game has been recorded but video forcing left to no, or as the default value of the suggested setup values when getting the specific game's settings?

Maybe I do something wrong, maybe it doesn't work with PAL consoles or games?

I for myself would be just happy If video forcing in PAL games would be by default as in SWISS: forcing progressive mode if possible then let the game set whatever frequency is set when press B, unless specified differently in the Video mode forcing option in the current game's settings. :P
But I'm not alone and what suits me isn't supposed to suit everybody. :oops:
Now that SWISS is more and more compatible, is there a good reason to keep the per-game video mode setting?
Extrems wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:50 pm
This is normal as there's an exception for this game. You don't have to press B.
Ok, I tested with WW on original disc and see the difference.
Extrems wrote:
This is not the fallback in the patch, but in the setting.
The fact that I can't set 480p when nothing is connected to DAV port is that "fallback" you mention?
Extrems wrote:
Yes, but why is this relevant? You aren't given any choice.
It's just to know: I have a card that was almost full with what I put on it, and saturated with the patches, so to save space, I can load SWISS and its settings on another card, then run the ISOs on a card that only have them and the dedicated patches.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:50 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:03 pm
Is the default game setup (specially video mode forcing) supposed to take effect when no setup for a specific game has been recorded, when setup for this game has been recorded but video forcing left to no, or as the default value of the suggested setup values when getting the specific game's settings?
You have to boot directly and never open the settings for that game.
Papy.G wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:03 pm
The fact that I can't set 480p when nothing is connected to DAV port is that "fallback" you mention?
The fallback I originally mentioned is for double-strike and field rendering games. This is a different thing.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:13 pm

I tried without opening the game options before, with no luck.

Not sure I understand exactly what does double-strike and field rendering refers to.
480p is the double-strike mode to 480i? If so, why does a 480p setting falls back to 240p? Does that double-strike have priority over the number of lines (field rendering setting?)? Is it possible to avoid that?

Maybe it is only because I mostly use EUR games that don't have the native 480p option?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:29 pm

Double-strike is 240p. Field rendering is 480i rendered on a field basis rather than frames.