Swiss does not restore the configuration default.

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Diego borella

Swiss does not restore the configuration default.

Post by Diego borella » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:22 pm

I have a problem after using SD2SP2; swiss is not restored as default settings now.
already deleted the swiss.ini file, already removed the 3.3v battery and nothing. The Swiss maintains the igl.dol setting, even if I select the default, it will still provide igl. and does not accept the setting being reset to default. not even to reboot. Igl only.
Swiss SRAM recorded in SRAM via sd2sp2. Now who could tell me how to return the default settings, because call of duty 2 requires the default restart of the game. Igl.dol mode provides DRE.
I already tried saving to slot B, slot A, sd2sp2. nothing! The Swiss is always in igl.dol mode.
After removing the battery, add the + and - bars, resetting the RCT. Even so, the Swiss does not change to the default.
what to do? :shock:
SWISS USER :geek:
Papy.G

Re: Swiss does not restore the configuration default.

Post by Papy.G » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:51 am

Are you talking about IGR.dol, or IPL.dol?
Erase igr.dol, SWISS.ini, and SWISS patches off the SD card, it'll be fine. ;)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:47 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:51 am
I speak of igr.dol.
I delete swiss.ini. I erase a swiss patch mass. I cannot retrieve the default setting. sd formatting will work? I played until the 3rd phase of CoD 2 and now it's not the default. the initial DRE occurs. where is the file for "Delete igr.dol"?
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:39 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:51 am
Hey, buddy, I did everything you advised me and nothing, Swiss, doesn’t go into standard mode. I deleted swiss.ini, changed the slot, sd gecko, sd2sp2 and nothing, does not execute the call of duty 2. the truth I played until the 3rd stage and went well, without problems by sd2sp2. it looks like swiss.ini was recorded in the gamecube memory sram. it already enters igr.dol mode. even being in the standard !!! I deleted the patch folder. nothing!
it is no longer run, not even in a revision of 714. which i'm sure was running. could you try to run COD 2 and tell me how it went ... ???
why the DRE screen doesn't go through; here i am doing something wrong ... ??? :o
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote, english doesn't seem to be your first language. :oops:

If you have an extra SD card, format it to try a fresh setup of only SWISS and CoD2, maybe your ISO has been altered in any way.

I never bothered setting reset options in SWISS, and don't know in which manner it is handled, but one thing I can tell you is that removing the battery may not be enough to erase the SRam in the GameCube (as in any other system), it took me 20 mins to change mine that was depleted in one of my units, and it kept its data all this time, without batteries!
For other systems, I have a SuperCard mini in which I ripped off the battery and can still use the power-cycle sequence to save S-Ram (better than with a dead one), and have seen an industrial PLC (Early Schneider TSX17) keeping its program for three weeks without the SRAM battery (one month was too much, it fainted then).

If you already managed to run it, you should keep doing it, unless there had been a regression on it, but you seem certain of the revision it ran on…

I downloaded the rom for testing purposes, and I have to say, it launches with SWISS v0.4 r766, with default settings, while it takes forever to patch, and you need almost 70MB free space on the SD for the patches that are written at launch! I can set IGR to Reboot, then back to disabled with no issue.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:22 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:40 pm
Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote, english doesn't seem to be your first language. :oops:

If you have an extra SD card, format it to try a fresh setup of only SWISS and CoD2, maybe your ISO has been altered in any way.

I never bothered setting reset options in SWISS, and don't know in which manner it is handled, but one thing I can tell you is that removing the battery may not be enough to erase the SRam in the GameCube (as in any other system), it took me 20 mins to change mine that was depleted in one of my units, and it kept its data all this time, without batteries!
For other systems, I have a SuperCard mini in which I ripped off the battery and can still use the power-cycle sequence to save S-Ram (better than with a dead one), and have seen an industrial PLC (Early Schneider TSX17) keeping its program for three weeks without the SRAM battery (one month was too much, it fainted then).

If you already managed to run it, you should keep doing it, unless there had been a regression on it, but you seem certain of the revision it ran on…

I downloaded the rom for testing purposes, and I have to say, it launches with SWISS v0.4 r766, with default settings, while it takes forever to patch, and you need almost 70MB free space on the SD for the patches that are written at launch! I can set IGR to Reboot, then back to disabled with no issue.
man, Brazil is a Portuguese colony, English here is weak. :lol: :lol:
well, the problem was in the ISO <, which was changed by the Swiss.
put a new ISO dump, and everything went as before! @ grateful for the attention. :geek:
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:02 pm

Yes, I have thought about that a while after posting, and forgot to get back to edit then.
Isos and drive structure sometimes get unintentionnally altered, it is a common issue with some emulators.