I've Installed a xeno gc and adjusted my laser but burned disks still won't read.

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
Unisss

I've Installed a xeno gc and adjusted my laser but burned disks still won't read.

Post by Unisss » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:34 pm

Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to post this but i'm totally at my wit's end. so a few weeks ago i ordered two game-cube games and they both arrived in horrible condition. To make sure this didn't happen again i looked into how i would go about making my own disks. So now i have a xeno gc mod chip installed. And i have been trying to burn games onto some DVD-R disks that i bought.. i've found .GCM files that are the proper size and i've adjusted the laser aswell.

after weeks of getting everything that has been suggested by other people on any posts that i've found online. i've used 4 of my 10 DVD-r disks and they still won't read. i have absolutely no idea what the problem is anymore and i've done everything i can think of. and used every bit of software that i've seen recommended. I hope someone can help? im not sure what information is needed so just ask and i'll provide whatever i can thanks
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: I've Installed a xeno gc and adjusted my laser but burned disks still won't read.

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:29 pm

If you hold down start while booting an original disc (after the GameCube menu) does it go into the game or into something else? That will tell you if at least the xenoGC is wired up properly (or try an import/out of region disc).

Sounds like your laser is on the way out if you still can't boot them after all of the above.