diy sp2sd

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Seniorcelica

diy sp2sd

Post by Seniorcelica » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:24 pm

so i have attempted to solder a spare sdreader into my gamecube so i can pop in a full size not micro sd card into it. followed the pinout guide and have swiss 775 via disc (xeno mod) when i boot swiss it defaults the source option to sp2sd whic i think means its detection the card. so i press a it scans for .001 second and goes to the option to choose disc or system doesnt load up the backup folders. on the sd i have my .iso and thats it. please help as i feel sooo close. i have checked continuity with a multi meter and there are no shorts etc. i have 3 and 6 grounded to 2 different spots with 2 wires and a 22\10v cap on point 4 and 3 on the sd reader side not the mobo.
Attachments
download.jpg
(8.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Papy.G

Re: diy sp2sd

Post by Papy.G » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:27 am

I may make that clearer as i'll make one or two others, but I have answered on the other topic.

Also, I don't understand why you bothered and took the risk soldering straight to the GC's motherboard, when building the needed connector is so easy.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:31 pm

this has already been covered in another topic. I think the problem is the Papy G. capacitor. Try changing the friend capacitor, keep the 22uF and try a 25 or 50 volt capacitor. Solder it in the card slot, not directly in the gamecube; :arrow:
SWISS USER :geek:
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:31 pm

Or trying with no cap at all, since it has been proven to work too.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Seniorcelica

Post by Seniorcelica » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:09 pm

As to why I soldered to the mother board not a risk for me as I've been soldering for along time mod chips trace repairs hdmi mods etc. I did it cause I had the supplies lying arround and dint wanna wait for shipping as it looked super easy to do. I did solder the 22 50 to the sd card slot not the mobo. I'll try with out tho thanks!
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Yes, but there were a connector, wasn't it awkward to desolder it, while it was so easy to build its male counterpart, and wait then for shipping of a well finished SD2SP2?

Did you really check you didn't cross the in and out lines?
Papy.G wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:20 am
Yes, I have crossed the lines, this is because of the different erroneous sources such as your diagram.
In a dedicated serial connection, one has to cross the lines between DI and DO from both side, but on SPI, serial data lines are named MOSI and MISO, beacause the lines between Master and Slaves must not be crossed, you wire MOSI to MOSI, and MISO to MISO.
I made my male connector with the edge of a yogurt cup, adhesive copper foil and kapton tape.
You took the same diagram as me, where there were DI and DO, but they are not crossed as they should be (if only they were DI and DO) but they aren't, they are MISO and MOSI, and thus, must not be crossed.

Seniorcelica

Post by Seniorcelica » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:07 am

whan you say crossed what excatly do you mean like they cannot phically be crossing each other or sd2 to mobo 6 and sd7 to mobo 5? thanks for the reply
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:27 am

I mean they are mismatched from both ends. Crossing the wires isn't that much a concern as long as you don't swirl them around each other. You mainly have to keep them the same lenght and the most parallel as you can (why ribbon cables are better), and the shorter the better (keep enough to be a little comfortable).

Seniorcelica

Post by Seniorcelica » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:38 pm

ya used a ribbon 1st try and no success