Swiss 0.5 launched#

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Diego borella

Swiss 0.5 launched#

Post by Diego borella » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:08 pm

Well, she is there! The Swiss version 0.5 has been available since the early hours of yesterday afternoon! :P :P :P :lol:

I was not at home, I was only able to test it at night, and I was surprised. 8-)
The interface has been remodeled and now fits perfectly with tube TVs;
at 14 inches is now uncut. :P
The theme and menu is much more classic, the lines are smoother, and the visualization of folders and files has improved. :mrgreen:

The carousel, and the boot by IPL are the charm that opens the queue for the new Swiss 0.5 :ugeek:
The work done by the community so far is gratifying, and everyone involved should be congratulated. :!: :D

Thankful!@ ;)
:idea: :geek: SWISS USER :geek: :idea:
DEBUG IS NECESSARY :arrow: :ugeek:
Papy.G

Re: Swiss 0.5 launched#

Post by Papy.G » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:20 am

I've not already tested this, but it seems you didn't get the v0.4 r785 that already had the caroussel and boot through IPL thing. :P

New contributers have recently joined and SWISS is gonna be greater while Extrems and EmuKidid may have a little more time for "real life related things" or working on long time anticipated functionnalities in SWISS. 8-)

More than congratulations, there is a Patreon, and donators will now be credited in the application itself. ;)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:47 am

Papy.G wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:20 am
I've not already tested this, but it seems you didn't get the v0.4 r785 that already had the caroussel and boot through IPL thing. :P
I was aware of the new features in Switzerland.
And I believe that since the antepenultimate revision it was already a beta version for version 0.5. :P

:geek:
teerazzler

Post by teerazzler » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:50 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:20 am

New contributers have recently joined and SWISS is gonna be greater while Extrems and EmuKidid may have a little more time for "real life related things" or working on long time anticipated functionnalities in SWISS. 8-)

More than congratulations, there is a Patreon, and donators will now be credited in the application itself. ;)

Hello! I recently got the GBI on a Gamecube memory card with Swiss on it as well. I forced 240p through Swiss, and unfortunately it is running in what I am presuming to be 480i still since it is interlaced and is flickering. I am using a PVM 20M2U and using an S-Video cable for my Gamecube. I need to use Windwaker to boot up GBI and swiss through the memory card. Also when scrolling (in a game like Metroid Fusion) there is what appears to be ghosting, where there will be a double image of the ground or another object behind it. It looks really bad and is very distracting. I have looked all over the internet on forums and asked the person who loaded GBI and Swiss onto my card, and I can't find an answer. You seem like you know what you are talking about, so I thought maybe you could help. Please let me know, thanks!
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:30 pm

I'm not equipped for high accuracy use of GBI, so nor use it for competitive playing, but there is a topic for GBI related questions where you may find an answer. If you have a SDGecko, I suggest you use the 240p test suite first to see what you can expect from your output chain.
Maybe the way you run GBI doesn't allow fine tuning of its settings, try to run it off an SDGecko, it may help.
It is very unlikely, but your display may not understand that the GC outputs a progressive signal, I have never messed with S-Video, but read that it can be sometimes tricky with NTSC standard.
At last, there ase some games that may not look ok on the GBPlayer because of the way it works (GB Castlevania).
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:10 am

amidst all this chaos and unstable weather, we can enjoy something to relax
this is reaching dominance. :P :lol: :D
v0.5 r827
Metroid Prime really works best at frame rate and sound.
Flat wheel with small
hiccups, worthless yet perceptible casually .. :ugeek:
playable 10 + :mrgreen: :!: :geek:
_ there seems to be a new acceleration. red! #
... (tell us about it) ;)

old errors were corrected in the menu :idea:

and the fountain is remodeled. :idea:

big jump to 0.5 so far.
:arrow:

The homebrew
is promising for the 20th anniversary of the NGC here on the forum # :idea:
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:53 am

For me, it didn't solve slowdowns in MKDD.
A friend wants me to try FAT32 64KB blocks as he's conviced it improves speed, I'll give it a try one day, but at the moment, I'm concentrating on getting Retroarch work.

Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:22 pm

Your friend is an idiot.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:22 am

He won't be convinced until I provide proof.

Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Thu May 28, 2020 11:34 pm

well, about 0.5 Swiss, I realize that there are still some open points in goal for 0.4
the Swiss interface, in my opinion, will be effective in updating (even more),
if you can
1 - create directories
2 - copy directories
3 - multiple directories selected
4 - rename directories and files
5 - a way to see the interface by region, or dol by region

6 - APPS guide

SWISS only for NGC_