Brave Fencer Musashi sound issue

All WiiSX related discussion here
Musashi

Brave Fencer Musashi sound issue

Post by Musashi » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Let me start saying I was really impressed at how the emulator runs the game. It's definately playable and there are very few bugs as far as I can tell before the end of chapter 2.

Anyway, there are some slow downs in certain parts or scenes of the game. They're nothing troublesome, not yet at least.
What can be really annoying is an issue with one particular sound of the game.

PROBLEM: I don't know if it's a bug or not, but when the game plays the sound that confirms we have loaded/saved the game or that Mind, Fusion, Lumina or Body have levelled up there is a really annoying, loud and everlasting noise that follows. The sound will not go away unless I select to disable the game's sound. (But if I disable the sound the game starts running 10x slower)
But once the noise starts playing, re-enabling the game's sound after disabling it won't make it go away.

---

The annoying noise won't happen if you play throught the part it plays and only enable the sound AFTER the saved game/levelled up sound plays. But it's not easy to predict when something will level up, and if any of the 4 status is at the limit level defeating a boss will guarantee more of the annoying everlasting noise.

To make it short, trying to 'skip' the points the sound plays is just way too troublesome.

---

If this is a bug, I just thought I should be posting about it for information sake.
If it's something someone already knows how to fix, please let me know what I'm supposed to do.

Thank you.
Musashi

Re: Brave Fencer Musashi sound issue

Post by Musashi » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 am

Just posting to let you know I'm still waiting for an answer...

=(
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:31 am

I/we don't really know what's going on with it - there are too many psx games to specifically fix each and every one - we can only hope to improve compatibility on all the games so all I can say is to check next version.
Musashi

Post by Musashi » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:06 pm

I see.
Thanks still.
jojo351

Post by jojo351 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:25 pm

Musashi wrote:Let me start saying I was really impressed at how the emulator runs the game. It's definately playable and there are very few bugs as far as I can tell before the end of chapter 2.

Anyway, there are some slow downs in certain parts or scenes of the game. They're nothing troublesome, not yet at least.
What can be really annoying is an issue with one particular sound of the game.

PROBLEM: I don't know if it's a bug or not, but when the game plays the sound that confirms we have loaded/saved the game or that Mind, Fusion, Lumina or Body have levelled up there is a really annoying, loud and everlasting noise that follows. The sound will not go away unless I select to disable the game's sound. (But if I disable the sound the game starts running 10x slower)
But once the noise starts playing, re-enabling the game's sound after disabling it won't make it go away.

---

The annoying noise won't happen if you play throught the part it plays and only enable the sound AFTER the saved game/levelled up sound plays. But it's not easy to predict when something will level up, and if any of the 4 status is at the limit level defeating a boss will guarantee more of the annoying everlasting noise.

To make it short, trying to 'skip' the points the sound plays is just way too troublesome.

---

If this is a bug, I just thought I should be posting about it for information sake.
If it's something someone already knows how to fix, please let me know what I'm supposed to do.

Thank you.

Just want to say, I am impressed with WiiSX and love Brave Fencer Musashi. I have exactly the same issue as you stated. There is no solution so far, Only thing to do is disable sound, restart the game, save a muted game, then enable the sound and reload the game and then load the state (not from the memory card save as it will trigger the everlasting high pitched noise)
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Implement a sound plugin like this (http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=140191&page=19) and WiiSX is golden, right?
"Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."

Homer Simpson