HMDI Pluto II Help

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Krebstar

HMDI Pluto II Help

Post by Krebstar » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:56 pm

Morning all,

I purchased a Pluto-II HDMI board (Rev C) and installed it into my GC. Everything appears to be working correctly ( audio works, picture is fine, menu works, scan lines) except I cannot get the cube to output 480p for progressive scan supported games. I've tried games that require you to hold 'B' and games where you can select in in the menus. Nothing seems to work. I'm at a loss as to what to check because I never heard of anything like this when researching the project. So far I have tested my cube on 3 different TVs (of various ages) using 2 different HDMI cables. Same results. I've gone through and checked and rechecked every connection with a multi-meter. I have the dual blinking lights on the Pluto board if that matters. I have also tried wiping the Pluto-II and re-flashing the latest firmware. Nadda. About the only thing I haven't done is cut the 100oHm resistor off. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Am I missing something easy? I really appreciate any help. Thanks !

~ Kreb
novenary

Re: HMDI Pluto II Help

Post by novenary » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:33 pm

This has nothing to do with the TV or cable, it's an option in the gcvideo menu (cable detect or something similar).
Krebstar

Post by Krebstar » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Thanks for the response. Do you mean the 'enable 480p mode' or something to that extent? The FAQ says to leave it enabled so I haven't touched it.
meneerbeer

Post by meneerbeer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:42 pm

It is indeed 'enable 480p mode'. You could measure the cable detect signal coming from the FPGA. It should be 3.3V.
Krebstar

Post by Krebstar » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Thanks everyone for all your help! I will double check everything tonight and report back.
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Yeah, definitely check the wire if that is enabled. They're what makes the gc think a component cable is plugged in, therefore enabling progressive scan.
Krebstar

Post by Krebstar » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Just a quick thought. I'm the kind of person that likes to try a few things before moving on. Say something happened to the pad/trace at pin one on my digital port, would the location below (see attachment) from BAC's GCvideo guide suffice as a backup soldering point or is that only present on D0L-101s ? Thanks.
Attachments
alt.jpg
Alternate Solder Point?
(656.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Krebstar

Post by Krebstar » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:13 pm

So I think I found my problem. The trace for pin one on the bottom side of the GC main board lifted. Anyone know a suitable alternate solder point for the cable select on a DOL-001? Thanks
Krebstar

Post by Krebstar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:03 am

OK so it was indeed a lifted trace. I wound up scraping away the silk screen to expose the trace, soldered a single copper strand to the trace, then jumped it to a wire connected to pin 20 on the pluto. Fired up the cube and Progressive scan is working ! Thanks everyone for all your help !
Vic_board

Post by Vic_board » Tue May 19, 2020 11:12 pm

So I lifted cable detect aswell. Causing no audio or able to use controller for menu . Need some help finding where that trace leads. Thank you in advance