Is there anyway to have Swiss not autoboot with the GC Loader? (+is it possible to access Action Replay?)

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
PyroPaperPlanes

Is there anyway to have Swiss not autoboot with the GC Loader? (+is it possible to access Action Replay?)

Post by PyroPaperPlanes » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:16 pm

The GC Loader + Swiss has been fantastic so far! However, I really miss the old behavior of my GameCube booting up the ol' fashion way (it now simply boots straight into Swiss). However, I believe Swiss still needs to be called boot.iso to work, correct? I didn't see any options in regards to autobooting.

Worst case scenario, it is still possible to access the GameCube menu via Swiss... But yes, I figured I'd ask in case I missed a way of addressing this tiny aesthetic nitpick of mine. ^^;

My other question is in regards to using an Action Replay... is it even possible? What would happen at the "insert disc" step? If I'm not mistaken, there are several codes that are exclusive to the Action Replay that might come in handy in the future. I need to double check why I don't have my copy backed up though...
Extrems

Re: Is there anyway to have Swiss not autoboot with the GC Loader? (+is it possible to access Action Replay?)

Post by Extrems » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:28 pm

If you enable boot through IPL, you can have the boot animation when booting games.

It's not currently possible to use Action Replay.
PyroPaperPlanes

Re: Is there anyway to have Swiss not autoboot with the GC Loader? (+is it possible to access Action Replay?)

Post by PyroPaperPlanes » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:55 pm

Thank you for such a quick response! I can confirm that "Boot Through IPL" does indeed trigger the traditional GC Bootup screen after picking a game. :D Although I noticed it also doesn't retain whatever settings I've picked beforehand, so I suppose I will disable Boot through IPL after all.

Ah well at the lack of Action Replay support.

I also can confirm that the widescreen mod + Metroid Prime works flawlessly with the Force Widescreen option! However, I am a little confused as to what the difference between Force Widescreen 3D and 3D+2D? Is there any documentation that technically breaks down what every option does?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:01 pm

You need an SD Card Adapter in tandem with the GC Loader in order for Swiss to work properly.
PyroPaperPlanes

Post by PyroPaperPlanes » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:14 pm

No worries, I had a feeling that was the case for booting through IPL. Funnily enough, I have just that! I just never ended up using it.

But otherwise I suppose that's a no on the documentation? I wouldn't mind making a video tutorial for others to follow, although I would need to understand how some of the settings work first. ^_^; (and sorry to be pushy: Just to be sure, you don't happen to know the difference between Force Widescreen 3D and 3D+2D?)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:23 pm

2D+3D is a failed experiment. It work best with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine.
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:36 pm

Extrems wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:23 pm
2D+3D is a failed experiment. It work best with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine.
Extremes, I wouldn't say it failed, it works, but it causes a kind of attraction in rendering polygons, generating a boring frequency of drizzle when rotating the camera with greater speed ... :cry:
:idea: :geek: SWISS USER :geek: :idea:
DEBUG IS NECESSARY :arrow: :ugeek: