Lord Of The Rings: RETURN OF THE KING

Find all your GameCube topics here
geryvermin

Lord Of The Rings: RETURN OF THE KING

Post by geryvermin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:55 pm

I recently started revisiting some old GameCube games using our old Wii console. Everything has worked fine so far, however, I noticed while playing RETURN OF THE KING that the Show Upgrades feature isn't working. When you pause the game, there is an option to select it, and when you do, the character's name appears at the top of the screen, however, there is only a black box where the list of upgrades should be. It stills makes the "schpoink" scrolling noise like it does for other features of the game, but there is no list showing (or if there is, it's black text on a black background). This makes it a bit of a bitch to play the game and not knowing what you COULD be doing on the controller to avoid getting your ass handed to you... if only you'd memorized every controller action at the time you purchased the upgrade.
Has anyone dealt with this? Could it be simply because I'm playing the game through the Wii rather than a GameCube console?
Is it a memory card issue?
ANY help/advice would be appreciated. I know NOTHING about codes, other game systems and all that. I'm merely an old man revisiting games I played with my kid when she asked for a GameCube Back-In-The-Day-Everyone-Talks-About. I just happened to stumble across this forum after exhausting Google (and my patience) trying to find some sort of answer to my problem.
Thanks much!!!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Lord Of The Rings: RETURN OF THE KING

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:25 pm

I haven't heard about this before, can you find a youtube video of the game or something showing it working? Are you sure you don't have to unlock upgrades first before you can see them?
geryvermin

Re: Lord Of The Rings: RETURN OF THE KING

Post by geryvermin » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:50 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:25 pm
I haven't heard about this before, can you find a youtube video of the game or something showing it working? Are you sure you don't have to unlock upgrades first before you can see them?
Hey - thanks for the reply! I gave up on checking - therefore, this late response! I haven't been able to find ANYTHING ANYWHERE that addresses this. And, yes, I'd already purchased/unlocked a number of upgrades, but nothing has ever shown up. I ended up just printing off a walkthrough online that happened to mention all the upgrades. Actually just beat the game last night. :D Thanx again for your time and attention - it's appreciated.