Greetings From Michigan

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
Nines

Greetings From Michigan

Post by Nines » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:12 pm

Hello,

New to the boards here but a huge Gamecube fan. I completed my CIB set in Summer 2019 and more recently got a GCLoader to enjoy my collection. Have been really researching what I can do with Swiss as this is the only console I use. Very interested in emulation for older consoles and perhaps a custom UI for Swiss so I've been looking at these boards a lot recently. Also am very active in the GC PSO community. Cheers
Attachments
Cube Pic.jpg
(18.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
GC Collection.jpg
(50.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Papy.G

Re: Greetings From Michigan

Post by Papy.G » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:16 am

Hello and congratulations for your CIB set, seems you have all those in their original version as I don't manage to spot one Player's Choice on you shelves. Did you only focus on the NTSC-US titles, or did you pick foreign exclusives too?

I kinda more fancy the coulour scheme you kept for your cube lighting (compared to all this blueish madness seen everywhere else), while it glows around a little too much for me. Picture can be fake at some point, did you put red, reddish orange, or amber lights there?
I'm also not a big fan of painted plastic, but I can understand your choice, as the front plate can yellow very badly and it is quite hard (if not impossible) to get it back to original coulour. :?

As I already have the Thrustmaster Kart Challenge wheel, that, besides beeing very cheap, is a pain to use on a couch without a dedicated stand, I'm quite curious to know how the Logitech Speed Force wheel performs with the lap attachment?

There seems to be a second TV over the main one, do you often use both at the same time, what do you use it for the most?
I have a two-consoles setup on my TV (+a third optional display if needed), and mainly use it for two GCs+GBPlayers with Zelda Four Swords (although I only posted a video of a Wii+GC+GBP for WW and Tingle Tuner). Wish I had a pair of BBAs to run MKDD this way, but I don't even have one to begin…

Emulation on GC is quite good if you stick to mainstream home 8bit and 16bit machines, Arcade and 32bit+ machines are to be considered as experimental, with some good surprises here and there.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Nines

Post by Nines » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:41 pm

I only focused on original releases for NTSC. Nothing else like variants, 2 games in 1, demos, etc. Red is the color I used, I wanted it to be black/red.

As far as I know the Logitech Wheel is the best wheel for Gamecube, I'd rather attach it to a table than use that lap attachment though. I only use 1 television, but looking hard at projectors that accept component input.

What are some of the "good surprises" for 32bit+ you've found? This is what I'm interested in mostly as it's the only console I use. I used to have 15+ consoles and lots of games for them, but slowly traded that stuff away to focus on Cube as it was always my favorite. Also would like to customize the UI for Swiss, even if just a background... but haven't found much info about that.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:15 pm

Welcome!

Nice collection, I commend you on your efforts. I gave up at around 450 PAL titles and scaled back to my top 200~ or so, it was a hard slog to try and get through finding all the sports titles and that inevitably put me off and made me want to downsize to titles I cared about :)
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:54 am

Nines wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:41 pm
I only focused on original releases for NTSC. Nothing else like variants, 2 games in 1, demos, etc.
Ok, there are also original games only released in Pal region, and NTSC-J ones, while some in the first group may not be the Pinnacle of what the GC can do, and you can live without them, and in the second group, very good ones that you won't be able to enjoy if you don't understand japanese.
As far as I know the Logitech Wheel is the best wheel for Gamecube, I'd rather attach it to a table than use that lap attachment though.
Ok, I don't feel the chair/table setup that natural for a driving posture, so If i go for It, i'd have to find a G27/G29 stand for it as well.
I only use 1 television, but looking hard at projectors that accept component input.
Component support may rarefact these days, you may consider getting an HDMI one. GCVideo adapter likely won't cost you much more than what you'll save getting an HDMI-only projector.
What are some of the "good surprises" for 32bit+ you've found? This is what I'm interested in mostly as it's the only console I use. I used to have 15+ consoles and lots of games for them, but slowly traded that stuff away to focus on Cube as it was always my favorite.
Unfortunately, I don't have much time to play, so I don't want to waste that precious time fine tuning settings in emulators. That's what makes me somehow fly away from things like CubeSX or Retroarch, and stick to no brainers as the 8 and 16 bits emulators are basically. Some have reported beeing able to get playable PSX and N64 experience, while only on a list of games you can count on one or two hands. (tried some arcade N64 titles that are quite glitchy, maybe Mario64 or Banjo and Kazooie run better, I'm not interrested in those ATM so I didn't try yet).
Also would like to customize the UI for Swiss, even if just a background... but haven't found much info about that.
That is a far reach for so long in SWISS, that still has to come, if it would ever.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:36 pm

Hello North American friend.
Greetings from Latin America.
Well, with a collection like this here in Brazil, I WOULD BE WELL
This is a true Swiss native execution for CONSUMPTION of LASER!!!

but speaking of Swiss, do you say that you participate in a Fantasy Star forum? how cool ... Or would it be a change online
for the game cube?

If possible, and if you want, you can collaborate a lot as a Swiss friend. If you wish, with this collection you can check for Swiss Open Source Software, the compatibility of the games running with the original discs in the unit.
without haste, you can take notes, reporting errors and regularities in each post-session.
Dumped games are already being investigated, this collection of yours is very valuable for us to know the real consistency of the Swiss with licensed disc in Drive.
Cheats, IPL, video resolutions and even "dolby pro logic sound" can be tested for Swiss on a native disk.

Swiss, only for Nintendo Cubic.
SWISS USER :geek: