Lifted a trace off my gamecube when installing XenoGC

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
CrystalBlister

Lifted a trace off my gamecube when installing XenoGC

Post by CrystalBlister » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:57 am

Hi guys, I just tried to mod my gamecube with a XenoGC but a bit of solder got under the board causing it to short and also get stuck, when I used a heat gun to get the xeno off to reapply it with a wired connection, one of the traces came off! Heres an image of my gamecube's board now

I tried looking online for alternate points but was unsure which guide to follow because I found one where I'd have to take the board off and flip it over which im a bit worried of ruining a ribbon cable or something, and one where it looks like it was soldered to different points next to the standard traces. I'll post both guides I found here too

Which alternate method is recommended/works best? Thanks in advance.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Lifted a trace off my gamecube when installing XenoGC

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:25 am

"10" is the one you ripped off? just go to the via above it (7 vias in a row)
Papy.G

Re: Lifted a trace off my gamecube when installing XenoGC

Post by Papy.G » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 am

And don't forget to clean the bridge between 1 and 2! :shock:

What do you think you will do with a XenoGC chip?
Do you think killing a GameCube is worth a $2 chip?

Sorry if I seem to be rude, but we have lots of newcomers lately that aboard with problems with XenoGC soldering issue/fried laser because of a Homebrew kit sold via ebay while they could have achieved what they intended to do without even buying this overpriced kit nor opening their GameCube!
The GameCube is not one of those consoles that got sold for thousand of milions, if we want to enjoy it the longer, we have to take good care of the survivors. ;)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)