TGC Extractor Ver 0.06 - Nekokabu
http://nekokabu.s7.xrea.com/soft/tgce_06.lzh

gcm-tool v0.4 - dsbomb
http://code.google.com/p/gcm-tool/
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: ISO Tools

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:28 pm

GC Disc Browser 1.5 by Sappharad (runs on a Gamecube)
gcdiscbrowser15.zip
(9.39 KiB) Downloaded 1684 times
GC Bootable disc (creator) GUI 0.1.2 RC3
GCBootGUI_RC3.zip
(411.54 KiB) Downloaded 2229 times
deku_scrub

Post by deku_scrub » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:53 pm

GCM N64 ROMS Injector - [big_fury]SiZiOUS a.k.a SiZ!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mn03e2mh1mm
Last edited by deku_scrub on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
__ deku_scrub __ Wii D3-2 | System 4.3 | HC installed using Smash Stack | WODE Jukebox
Xbox 360 Slim 4GB | 320GB Hacked HDD | x360key
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 pm

deku_scrub, it's probably better that you don't, it contains copyrighted code.
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:03 am

Gamecube DVD Disc Browser 2.1 - http://projects.sappharad.com/gcn/dvdbrowser/
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:46 am

GCM View 1.0 - Unknown
Open ISO
Dump File
Dump DOL
Dump AppLoader
View Texture
GCM View 1.0.rar
GCM View 1.0
(19.53 KiB) Downloaded 1700 times
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:50 am

emerzee

Post by emerzee » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:15 am

Hi!
Sorry for my english.
I buy a GC. I download iso from net. I write iso to mini dvd. I like play with this on my gamecube.

Exists softmod for gamecube, without any hardware modification? I have memory card, and i can write for it with wii.

Thank you for reply!

emerzee
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:58 am

emerzee wrote:Hi!
Sorry for my english.
I buy a GC. I download iso from net. I write iso to mini dvd. I like play with this on my gamecube.

Exists softmod for gamecube, without any hardware modification? I have memory card, and i can write for it with wii.

Thank you for reply!

emerzee
nobody will help you here with that, since this is obviously a warez question or a request on how to run pirated material, so....
http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
emerzee

Post by emerzee » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:53 pm

I thinking iso tools... This is not legal... Thinking...
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:54 pm

think again. why shouldn't these be legal?
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:50 am

GameCube Rebuilder v1.0 - bsv798
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=49346
gcpro

Post by gcpro » Sat May 01, 2010 9:38 pm

2 NGC ; Qoob Pro ; Wiikey Sd Adapter + 8GB SDHC
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun May 02, 2010 2:53 am

Please attach files rather than linking to avoid broken links in the future.
Attachments
GCMUtility-0.5.7z
(295.16 KiB) Downloaded 1550 times
R3dfaction

Post by R3dfaction » Mon May 03, 2010 6:19 pm

emerzee wrote:I thinking iso tools... This is not legal... Thinking...
ISO is just an Image file, in this case, with code. Nothing Illegal about that...
Dol-001 | RGB Cables | Viper GC Extreme | GB Player | BBA | XCM Crystal Case Light Mod
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:04 pm

I have a few questions about GC .iso tools. Currently i use
MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F+
to create multi game discs,
Wiped GCM Fixer 1.5F also callled Fstfix 1.5F
to modify .isos to make them work as gamecube backup disc on Wii
and
GC-Tool
to open GC .isos, modify them, extract files etc.

Are these tools good for these purposes, are there better ones? If yes, why are the others better?

And i would like to know what the audio fix from fstfix does. I want to apply it on the fly to gamecube games, but i don't know what it does. What the fst fix does, that i know.
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:59 pm

WiiPower wrote:I have a few questions about GC .iso tools. Currently i use
MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F+
to create multi game discs,
Wiped GCM Fixer 1.5F also callled Fstfix 1.5F
to modify .isos to make them work as gamecube backup disc on Wii
and
GC-Tool
to open GC .isos, modify them, extract files etc.

Are these tools good for these purposes, are there better ones? If yes, why are the others better?

And i would like to know what the audio fix from fstfix does. I want to apply it on the fly to gamecube games, but i don't know what it does. What the fst fix does, that i know.
I prefer GameCube Rebuilder v1.0 for rebuilding and extracting gcm's / iso's .
As for the fst audio fix I think that's for games which constantly stream cdda audio type tracks of the disc :?
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:38 am

I have a request for a GC .iso shrinker/aligner/defragger/checker:
First of all, some shrinkers break games with audio streams because audio streams need a 32KB alignment within the .iso and most shrinkers ignore that. So we need a shrinker that keeps this in mind. Is there already one that does this? (i'm not counting shrink + "fstfix t", that's 2 tools, i want a tool that at least does all the shrinking in one)

Then when loading GC games from disc(on Wii with NeoGamma), the reads are slowed down if the regular files don't have a 2KB alignment. With 2KB alignment, it can read the sectors directly, without it needs to read sector by sector and copy to a buffer. Is this the same when loading GC games on a GC? Is there a tool that grants this 2KB alignment(again i'm not counting "fstfix t", also it wastes a lot of space, because it only needs a 2KB aligment for regular files not 32KB).

Does the alignment affect the read speed on SD-Boot as well? What's the best alignment for loading from sd card?

I'm not sure if SD-Boot requires the files to be in one single fragment, but i see some advantages in this:
- The code from SD-Boot that's running while the game is running doesn't need code from fragment handling, or even code for the file system(FAT).
- If all data is in one chunk the reads are faster

So it would be nice if there was a tool that checks if a file is fragmented, and even better if it could defrag the file directly itself.

Oh, and when loading from disc, it matters where the games are put on the disc, (on Wii with NeoGamma) the reading is faster the more the game is near the outer edge of the disc. I think that's why the "Baten Kaitos" fix works, the Baten Kaitos fix(for discs on Wii with NeoGamma) is: 1st disc: fstfix t s g, 2nd disc: fstfix t s f, both on a multi game disc. fstfix g makes a 3 GB .iso from the game and puts the data near the end of the .iso. And fstfix t gets 32KB alignment(see above). If that's not done, the game freezes randomly with a buzzing noise. (i couldn't get an error message out of it with my usb gecko, but when i slowed down the reads, the freezes got more frequently).

Anyways, my point is, a tool that allows to move the data near the end of the disc like "fstfix g" does would be nice. But with more option like 1GB/2GB/3GB .iso, (4.37 - GC .iso size), (4,37 - 2xGC .iso size).

All in all i would love a program that does the following:
"coolapp check game.iso new.iso" returns the minimum alignment of reguar files and audio streams seperately, the amount of unused space within the .iso, and the fragmentation of the .iso
"coolapp shrink game.iso new.iso" removes the unused data and aligns regular files at 2KB, and audio streams at 32KB
"coolapp defrag game.iso" defrags the .iso
"coolapp shrink defrag C:\game.iso F:\new.iso" shrinks and defrags directly(if both is on seperate drives the defragmentation is easier/faster/has a higher success rate)

Oh and the defragger shouldn't break defragmentation of other .iso files.

I know that i'm asking for a lot, but i want to start a discussion and want to see what's there already and if there's any need at all for a new app or not etc.

PS: Is a .adp file always an audio stream and is an audio stream always a .adp file?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:59 pm

WiiPower wrote:I have a request for a GC .iso shrinker/aligner/defragger/checker:
First of all, some shrinkers break games with audio streams because audio streams need a 32KB alignment within the .iso and most shrinkers ignore that. So we need a shrinker that keeps this in mind. Is there already one that does this? (i'm not counting shrink + "fstfix t", that's 2 tools, i want a tool that at least does all the shrinking in one)
Nope, no such tool exists that does all that in one. Maybe it's time for a new project for me to take on after sd-boot.
WiiPower wrote: Then when loading GC games from disc(on Wii with NeoGamma), the reads are slowed down if the regular files don't have a 2KB alignment. With 2KB alignment, it can read the sectors directly, without it needs to read sector by sector and copy to a buffer. Is this the same when loading GC games on a GC? Is there a tool that grants this 2KB alignment(again i'm not counting "fstfix t", also it wastes a lot of space, because it only needs a 2KB aligment for regular files not 32KB).
2KB alignment makes sense for all data files, but then for audio streaming titles I'd suggest just putting all files to go on 32kb alignment (it would ensure 2kb + 32kb).
WiiPower wrote: Does the alignment affect the read speed on SD-Boot as well? What's the best alignment for loading from sd card?

I'm not sure if SD-Boot requires the files to be in one single fragment, but i see some advantages in this:
- The code from SD-Boot that's running while the game is running doesn't need code from fragment handling, or even code for the file system(FAT).
- If all data is in one chunk the reads are faster
SD-Boot requires all files to be on the same fragment on a SD card (all reads are based on a file start offset), and alignment would affect read speeds but not by much if anything (few ms, maybe 10ms maximum).
The way reads are done in SD-Boot from the SD card are that I send a single command to read multiple bytes of data from block (or offset) X. if I'm not on a aligned sector boundary (512bytes), I just read and throw away those bytes until I arrive at the byte I want, the worst case is that 511 bytes are thrown away, which is quite fast :) To sum up my answer here, it won't matter much because I don't have to send a separate request for each "chunk", read speeds do not differ much based on alignment.
WiiPower wrote: So it would be nice if there was a tool that checks if a file is fragmented, and even better if it could defrag the file directly itself.

Oh, and when loading from disc, it matters where the games are put on the disc, (on Wii with NeoGamma) the reading is faster the more the game is near the outer edge of the disc. I think that's why the "Baten Kaitos" fix works, the Baten Kaitos fix(for discs on Wii with NeoGamma) is: 1st disc: fstfix t s g, 2nd disc: fstfix t s f, both on a multi game disc. fstfix g makes a 3 GB .iso from the game and puts the data near the end of the .iso. And fstfix t gets 32KB alignment(see above). If that's not done, the game freezes randomly with a buzzing noise. (i couldn't get an error message out of it with my usb gecko, but when i slowed down the reads, the freezes got more frequently).
Yes, as the data on the edge of the disc is read faster because it's going past the laser at a faster rate there.
WiiPower wrote: Anyways, my point is, a tool that allows to move the data near the end of the disc like "fstfix g" does would be nice. But with more option like 1GB/2GB/3GB .iso, (4.37 - GC .iso size), (4,37 - 2xGC .iso size).

All in all i would love a program that does the following:
"coolapp check game.iso new.iso" returns the minimum alignment of reguar files and audio streams seperately, the amount of unused space within the .iso, and the fragmentation of the .iso
"coolapp shrink game.iso new.iso" removes the unused data and aligns regular files at 2KB, and audio streams at 32KB
"coolapp defrag game.iso" defrags the .iso
"coolapp shrink defrag C:\game.iso F:\new.iso" shrinks and defrags directly(if both is on seperate drives the defragmentation is easier/faster/has a higher success rate)

Oh and the defragger shouldn't break defragmentation of other .iso files.
I think it should all be easy apart from the defrag option.. I wouldn't have a clue how to do this and i'm not sure how efficient it would be (just faster to format the sd card and start again).
WiiPower wrote: I know that i'm asking for a lot, but i want to start a discussion and want to see what's there already and if there's any need at all for a new app or not etc.

PS: Is a .adp file always an audio stream and is an audio stream always a .adp file?
No worries, always appreciate discussion on interesting topics like these, there aren't that many people who actively work/know about GC backup launchers and how to make them proficient. .ADP files are generally audio streaming, but i've seen some .trk or .snd which were also audio streaming files.
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:02 pm

Hmm, on a second thought 32KB for all files won't be bad. In the worst case, over 3000 files on disc would result in 100MB wasted space. And 32KB is just the safe option in case an audio stream couldn't be detected as audio stream.

So far far an app that gets 32KB alignment and shrinks in one step would be nice. Best with options for disc users with different size to increase the speed for speed critical games(Metroid and Baten Kaitos). Hmm does fstfix shrink .isos? I have not much experience with GC stuff, maybe it already does what i want. I need to test that.

And one app that checks if all .isos on a certain drive are unfragmented. A tool that defrags and keeps the other .isos defragmented might be really a lot of work with low use.

Maybe i found someone who is willing to write one of these.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:37 pm

fstfix 1.5f by loonycube
wiped_gcm_fixer_v1.5f.zip
(25.19 KiB) Downloaded 1765 times
Gui version
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... 5519#p5519
albertocastillo2001

Post by albertocastillo2001 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:29 am

emu_kidid wrote:fstfix 1.5f by loonycube
Gui version

I am at work and my Symantec Corporate antivirus detects fstfix.exe on both packages as a Trojan Horse..
KirovAir

Post by KirovAir » Thu May 12, 2011 9:33 am

albertocastillo2001 wrote:
emu_kidid wrote:fstfix 1.5f by loonycube
Gui version

I am at work and my Symantec Corporate antivirus detects fstfix.exe on both packages as a Trojan Horse..
That's a false positive. Just ignore the detection warning.
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."