Thread in which we discuss Dinosaurs

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
samusaran253

Thread in which we discuss Dinosaurs

Post by samusaran253 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Prepare for a thread of Jurassic proportions.

Sup gentiles, anyone else here enthused about dinosaurs? Well if so, then you've come to the right place. Here we can discuss dinosaurs, in all their glory, and all their horror. These prehistoric beasties are the cornerstone of paleontology and in the hearts and minds of many peoples. So please, share your thoughts on these loving creatures.

So, my fellow forum goers, what's your favorite dinosaur? I like the velociraptor myself, but it pains me to think that they may have had hair. So does this mean that watching dinosaur pr0n now makes me a furry? Not that I get off on dinosaurs or anything...let's change the subject. Do you believe that dinosaurs had hair? Share your thoughts on this controversial matter here.

What are your favorite forms of dinosaur media? Personally I love the first Jurassic Park movie and the first Dino Crisis game. Also, do you believe that, assuming it is possible, that scientists should bring back dinosaurs? I think so, since not only would it further science, be conversational, awe the world, and because I fraking love dinosaurs. On the other hand, do you believe that velociraptors were super intelligent and/or could communicate? And do you believe that the tyrannosaurus can only see movement?

Are you ready for the dinosaur apocalypse? No doubt at some time in the future there will be a dinosaur outbreak, either through genetic engineering, time travel, or any other means. That's why it is imperative to have a dinosaur survival plan, along side your zombie survival plan. What's your plan if dinosaurs attack?

So please, join me in discussing this wonderful topic and make constant extinction puns that are so old they're prehistoric. Pro-tip, BioWare should make a dinosaur RPG. And remember, this is the best thread ever.
Burbruee

Re: Thread in which we discuss Dinosaurs

Post by Burbruee » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:53 pm

Are you ready for the dinosaur apocalypse? No doubt at some time in the future there will be a dinosaur outbreak, either through genetic engineering, time travel, or any other means. That's why it is imperative to have a dinosaur survival plan, along side your zombie survival plan. What's your plan if dinosaurs attack?
I actually had a dream just a few night ago about multiple dinosaurs wreaking havoc upon a big city. I don't think it's a coincidence. The apocalypse is definitely near, they're coming in large numbers and soon. How? I don't know, but we need to start preparing for the big battle right away, and I think tunnels underground are the best solution to save people. We may have to start new lives and build new cities under the ground.. and let the dinosaurs rule "up there" if we cannot fight them at this point. Their initial attack will come as a surprise and we will not be ready.. they will bring massive destruction and many lives will be lost.
samusaran253

Post by samusaran253 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:06 am

Thanks for sharing your dream.
Tonten

Post by Tonten » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:24 am

My favorite dinosaur is the stegosaurus. I love the spikes.

Edit: Oh wait! And the Tyrannosaurus Rex is over-rated.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:02 pm

My kids love dino dan. :lol:
Burbruee

Post by Burbruee » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:22 pm

pteranodon, triceratops, brachiosaurus and velociraptor are all my favorite dinos. (in no particular order)
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:15 am

tl;dr - is this a serious thread about dinosaurs? Oo
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
samusaran253

Post by samusaran253 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:15 am

liquitt wrote:tl;dr - is this a serious thread about dinosaurs? Oo
Sort of.