There are several methods available to successfully boot homebrew on unmodified and modified Gamecubes. These methods include using a special bootdisc and memory card device, a loophole within an official Gamecube game title, a traditional modchip or a drive replacement modchip.
Game Save Exploits
These require a memory card to place the hacked save game and a boot.dol converted to .gci format. Swiss is distributed as a bootable GCI. Need the help of an already homebrew able Gamecube, or a RVL-001 Wii, modded or unmodded to first put such files on memcard.
- Animal Crossing
- BMX XXX
- F-Zero GX
- James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Pokémon Colosseum
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
- Super Mario Sunshine (PAL-only)
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
- Requires Action Replay 1.14b or below and an SD-Card adapter.
- Hard to set up, can be annoying to load homebrew, but great if you have the materials to set it up.
- Requires previously formatted card ready for use with AR (Action Replay).
- Uses a region free bootdisc to load hombrew from included memory card device.
- Offers out of the box homebrew support - always need the disc to boot it up. Comes with a flimsy SDGecko!
- Quick to boot backups and homebrew with SDLoad installed as plugin.
- Very quick to boot backups and homebrew with Swiss on flash.
- Quick to boot backups and homebrew with Swiss.iso and SDGecko.
- Very quick to boot backups and homebrew with Swiss as initial ISO for WiiKey Fusion / WASP Fusion or initial ISO for WODE.
- GCLoader drive replacement
- Very quick to boot backups and homebrew with Swiss as initial ISO.