Megaman X6 Prototype Issue

All WiiSX related discussion here
Thelife

Megaman X6 Prototype Issue

Post by Thelife » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:54 am

I really want to play the Megaman X6 prototype at full speed (I can only access my phone, which isn't good for PS1), so I used WiiSX. I previously used WiiSX to play other games like Metal Slug X and the Megaman 8 prototypes. I managed to get past the intro stage all fine so as you would expect, I was brought to stage select. I chose Commander Yammark because I always fight him first. I saw the usual boss intro (prototype version of the intro, where Commander Yammark is a sketch) then I was brought to a black screen, no loading screen came up so the level couldn't load up, I heard the level complete jingles for Zero and X (in that order,this has been a big run-on sentence). I could only assume that the game crashed (this happens with every level). I've tried it on the PS1 emulator on my phone and it works but it's slow due to my device being from 2010 so it isn't a bad dump. Sorry this was a long post, I just wanted to explain my problem in detail.
Thelife

Re: Megaman X6 Prototype Issue

Post by Thelife » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:16 am

Note: it turns out that the exact same thing occurs with retail Megaman X6, Megaman X5 and Megaman X4 and it is just an emulation issue.