WiiSX 2.1 USB Loading

All WiiSX related discussion here
stomp_442

WiiSX 2.1 USB Loading

Post by stomp_442 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 pm

When I use my boot2 Wii, WiiSX v2.1 will recognize and load games from the usb. When I use my non-boot2 Wii, WiiSX v2.1 don't even recognize my usb device. What are the exact requirements to get WiiSX to work correctly on my non-boot2 Wii?

I download WiiSX from the link WiiBrew provides.

I have tried a lot of different things to get usb loading to work with my non-boot2 wii. I'm using the same HBC 1.1.0, the same IOS202 rodies v6, the same IOS58, the same SD card and the same USB device.
manic.blood

Re: WiiSX 2.1 USB Loading

Post by manic.blood » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:29 am

This website hosts versions with working USB 2.0 support try this. I had the same problem with the wiibrew site download like you did http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiSX_comp ... t_(beta_2)
stomp_442

Post by stomp_442 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:45 pm

Thanks for the reply. I already have the modded version of WiiSX. I was more interested in why the unmodded version doesn't work (usb loading) with my newer Wii, but works with my older Wii with 3.2 system menu. I've seen posts stating that the usb loading is broken, my old Wii says otherwise. I have a few more ideas I want to try but thought I'd visit the support forum and toss the question out there.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:01 am

Official WiiSX I don't believe supports USB via IOS58 (which is most likely what you have).
stomp_442

Post by stomp_442 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:18 am

The only thing that I can think of that is installed on my 3.2 Wii that isn't installed on my 4.1 wii is dvdx. I didn't know that dvdx would effect usb loading. I'm going to work on installiing dvdx to my 4.1 Wii, but have to settle for the DVDx v2 instead of the good DVDx.

I removed the IOS58 and hw_ahbprot support that hbc and certain forwarder provide to the app and it would even load, so IOS58 is needed to load WiiSX but it doesn't grant it the usb loading. WiiSX is screwed up, it needs IOS58 to load, but something else is needed to get the usb support, when IOS 58 should be doing that. Is all that knowledge learned from WiiMC usb loading going to be implemented into WiiSX?
thgdhc

Post by thgdhc » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:42 am

On my wii, (4.3 e), ive got the HBC, usb loader gx, and the wiisx 2. Ive got not 64, vbagx, genesis plus, mupend64, and they ALL WORK APART FROM WIISX. wiisx wont load anything from the rom folder. Why in the flying monkey flukkk is this happening? ive got everything working except the stupid playstation emulator, and ALL I WANNA DO IS PLAY YUGIOH FORBBIDEN MEMORIES.

wtf could be causing it? im not a patient man when it comes to technology not working as described.

EDIT (1)-- downloaded the usb mod for wiisx, i think it was the fourth mod option. Worked fine untill I saved my game in the card shop. Now is frozen. Am thinking of getting gameshark v5 so I can cheat my way to victory since I spent my teen years trying to defeat the high mage heishin at the start of the game with good fusion cards. sometimes I got as far as taking him down to 2000 lp...

then he would wollop me with red eyes black meteor dragon and I would cry like a bitch