New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

All WiiSX related discussion here
hobblinharry

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by hobblinharry » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:33 am

Thank you for this! I could never try WiiSX cause it is not updated to work with the RVL-CNT-01-TR motion plus controllers that I have for my Wii U. I tried this and it was working but I noticed that for some reason my Wiimote and my Wii U Pro controller both somehow manage to pair as controller 1. So both controllers work at the same time as the same player and conflict with eachother. I'm not sure what causes this but it makes 2 player not possible :(
y0da89

Post by y0da89 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:35 am

Some updated builds were posted here.
Did not try it myself, I use POPStarter on my PS2.

https://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_emulado ... 83687_s400
IceQueenMizore

Post by IceQueenMizore » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 pm

Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm new to WiiSXR. I've got it installed on my Wii via the Homebrew Browser, and recently started downloading ISOs for it.

My bigger question is: How do I switch discs for games like FF VII or Chrono Cross? Would I put each disc in their own file, or put all discs in the same file, then do some save and reset shenanigans when it came time for me to swap discs?

Also, while I'm on the topic of FF VII (and the FF series in general, I might add), has there been any improvements on the Dynarec crash for FF VII, or any playability at all for FF IX?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:03 pm

IceQueenMizore wrote:Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm new to WiiSXR. I've got it installed on my Wii via the Homebrew Browser, and recently started downloading ISOs for it.

My bigger question is: How do I switch discs for games like FF VII or Chrono Cross? Would I put each disc in their own file, or put all discs in the same file, then do some save and reset shenanigans when it came time for me to swap discs?

Also, while I'm on the topic of FF VII (and the FF series in general, I might add), has there been any improvements on the Dynarec crash for FF VII, or any playability at all for FF IX?

I've been working on actual WiiSX (not WiiSXR) and making improvements but nothing too solid for users to use yet (hardware accelerated gfx plugin, bug fixes to the dynarec etc).

In regular WiiSX you need to go back to the menu and select Swap Discs and then go back in game after selecting the next disc file.
DarkVam

Post by DarkVam » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:13 am

emu_kidid wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:03 pm
IceQueenMizore wrote:Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm new to WiiSXR. I've got it installed on my Wii via the Homebrew Browser, and recently started downloading ISOs for it.

I've been working on actual WiiSX (not WiiSXR) and making improvements but nothing too solid for users to use yet (hardware accelerated gfx plugin, bug fixes to the dynarec etc).

In regular WiiSX you need to go back to the menu and select Swap Discs and then go back in game after selecting the next disc file.
Any more progress since February?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:10 am

DarkVam wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:13 am
Any more progress since February?
A little, but not much: https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/commits/master