Enhanced mGBA

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
Extrems

Re: Enhanced mGBA

Post by Extrems » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:15 am

Readmit wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:56 am
Should I format the sd card as NTFS or FAT32?
There is no NTFS support anywhere currently. Although it would be easier to add.
Readmit

Post by Readmit » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:09 am

Extrems wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:15 am
Readmit wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:56 am
Should I format the sd card as NTFS or FAT32?
There is no NTFS support anywhere currently. Although it would be easier to add.
My microsd card is 255GB, is there any way to format it to FAT32? Doesn't FAT32 have a limit of 32GBs?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 am

2TB maybe?
My 128GB SD is formatted as fat32 as far as I know.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:06 pm

The limit is 2 TiB for a disk with 512-byte sectors.
Readmit

Post by Readmit » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:21 pm

I noticed that emgba doesn't work with GBA Video roms like Shrek on the GameCube, but it does work in Windows. I don't understand why though.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:04 pm

32 MiB ROMs aren't playable due to memory limitations, but 64 MiB ROMs like the Shrek movie should work (don't ask why).
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:17 pm

if you think of a different scenario... Satoru Iwata designed 50 million NGC sold.
if that number had been reached...
how would NGC memory be expanded?
wouldn't a GBplayer support that?

It's interesting how the Nintendo Wii had a memory hidden in its megabit emproom...
the unknown is that
there is a hook in the function between mGBA {} GBI {} Cartridge slot = memory expansion...
(...)
:idea:
SWISS USER :geek:
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:16 am

It's been discussed before but elsewhere, there are RAM expansions in the form of GBA carts, Nintendo itself made one to get along Opera for DS, but it won't be as fast as memory expansion straight on the exp connector, still, it would have to cope with access to the GBPlayer, or the players would have to choose and plug the one they need each time they want one or the other.

Just look at what was done in terms of expansions for the TriForce cabinets. The Ram may have been considered sufficient for this console generation.

To get back on track, videos are read sequentially, so you don't have to store big chunks of memory, only a "minimum" for a FIFO stack. On the other side, games may access almost any adress in a rom, at any time, so you're supposed to be able to do that way faster than a peek on an SD card sector takes. Nonetheless, there existed some workarounds to use bigger size roms than cart's RAM, as there seems in the supercard's rom utility, but I fear it's only for DS's games that are not genuinely read the same way as the GBA ROMs.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
TRIFORCE89

Post by TRIFORCE89 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:32 pm

Running emGBA on a Wii. Bios files are set (gb, gbc, gba, sgb) and appear to be working (I can see the boot logos), but I can't seem to get original Game Boy games to run as if they're on a Game Boy Color (with their default / built-in palettes). I see the option to select a palette for monochrome games (handful of GBC ones, and the full suite of SGB), but no auto-select. GBC games are fine, as are SGB enhanced titles.

Any way I can configure this so that GB games operate as if I was playing on a Game Boy Color/Advance/Player instead of straight monochrome?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:23 pm

Maybe this can be adressed using the original consoles' ROMS?
GBI has the utility to dump the GBPlayer's one (don't remember if there is one to dump from a GBA with a GBA<->GC cable).

GBA and GBPlayer are supposed to have the same roms, and the GBA behaves like the GBC in regards to "coloring" GB games, but I don't know if E mGBA can use the GBA rom to run GB games.

I must confess I don't use E mGBA that much, because I have plenty of GB/GBA hardware and carts (+flash ones). :oops:

sakax

Post by sakax » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:33 pm

catching up from so long being away - amazing emulator :mrgreen: quick question, does emgba support cheat codes?
DOL-001-PAL - GCVideo3.1 - powered by shinehax & swiss
sakax

Post by sakax » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:07 pm

figured it out by installing mGBA with GUI on my laptop

Metroid II - Return of Samus (World).gb => Metroid II - Return of Samus (World).cheats

Code: Select all

# Infinite Energy
019951D0
# Infinite Missiles
019986D0
Both files in same location and it will apply these gameshark cheats. But does it support codebreaker as well?
sakax

Post by sakax » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:44 am

Seems the windows latest build is able to apply encrypted GameGenie codes, but emgba so far not...

Code: Select all

# Hard Mode/Level Select
022-16F-E6A
# Invincibility
189-45F-2AA
Need the level select code for Super Mario Land (World) to avoid being tortured :D Any way to convert GameGenie codes to an emgba supported code type?