Running Snes9xGX on a SD CRT (component) is a nightmare

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
Papy.G

Re: Running Snes9xGX on a SD CRT (component) is a nightmare

Post by Papy.G » Mon May 18, 2020 4:31 pm

Yes, but when I refresh the device screen, it may poll at this very moment, doesn't it?

And when I launched SWISS with the 480p off in the GCPlug, it shouldn't have set itself to 576p, no?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
gavme

Post by gavme » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:08 pm

hypermuffin wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:09 pm
Been looking for a way to have snes9xgx running in 240p or 480i through component but I've had no luck yet. When I load the .dol it automatically launches in 480p (which my standard def CRT can't handle), I can only bypass this by unplugging the component cables from the console before loading the app but then when I try to load a rom it also launches in 480p. Furthermore, if I bypass this additional resolution change it switches back to 480p when I open the emulator's menu.

Is there anything I can change on the settings.xml file that would make the emulator's interface stay in either 240p or 480i? Thanks in advance!
Did you manage to find a way to load it in 240p?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:23 am

The answer is just a dozen short posts away, and the topic is just one page and a half, you could have just read it before asking… :roll:

On these boards, you usually have to dig way much more to find an answer, as some threads may be old and the posts quite dense. ;)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
gavme

Post by gavme » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:18 am

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I had read that, I didn't really want to start messing with pins though, when it is something which could be resolved in the software.

I have tested out the new Snes9x Rx today which I'd not heard about before and found that works much better. It still loads the interface in 480p to start with, but will switch to 240p as soon as you select a game and then back to 480i when you go back to the interface. Much less of a nightmare to use. :)
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:34 am

I didn't want to be rough, but I'm usually finding myself struggling to find a previous post where I have read a useful link, and the search engine is rarely of some help. :?
So you have to get used to this "hard way". :P

If your display supports 480p modes, that won't be that much bothering, but the OP was concerned because he was using a GCVideo device to get proper signal off an NTSC GC to his CRT, so he was stuck at launch with a black screen. :|

BTW I haven't used Snes9xGX for a while so probably missed some updates.

gavme

Post by gavme » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:41 pm

I use a BVM but it only goess up to 480i and not 480p unfotunately. But in Snes9x RX you can see the menu enough to select a game in its split screen weirdness from recieving the 480p signal. Obviously it's not perfect but is stlil a lot better than pulling the component cable out of the back of the cube each time. As long as the games are in 240p, that's all that matters. :)