Snes9xgx: Freezing/Stuck at "Loading DVD" Swiss r845 with SD2SP2

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
DatUserIHate

Snes9xgx: Freezing/Stuck at "Loading DVD" Swiss r845 with SD2SP2

Post by DatUserIHate » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:28 am

What's Happening
Everytime I try to booting Snesxgx It will get stuck/freezes at the "Loading DVD" screen.
Here is the reddit post I made along with the video:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamecube/comme ... my_sd2sp2/

Things I've Tried
I have tried using a Gecko in memory slot B, this gives the same result as the SD2SP2. I have also tried downloading the wii version and copy the file path over: snesxgx/roms saves cheats. This didn't work either so I tried taking the wii meta.xml file renaming it to settings.xml and putting it on the root of my sd card where the snes9xgx.dol file is located. Still nothing.

Hardware information
Modded DOL-001(EUR) GameCube with a XENO GC 2.0
Burnt Swiss Swiss v0.5r845 boot disc
and SD2SP2. I have a Gecko memory card as well.
Papy.G

Re: Snes9xgx: Freezing/Stuck at "Loading DVD" Swiss r845 with SD2SP2

Post by Papy.G » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:31 pm

I think I have already discussed this issue, but maybe not on these boards, unfortunately, I don't remember what fixed this.

Try with just the device you use with it: no card in SD2SP2* if you intend to use the Gecko, and no Gecko inserted at all* if you intend to use the SD2SP2. ;)

*keeping the SD2SP2 connected, but empty is not the same as keeping the SDGecko inserted and empty, because the first doesn't have any way to be detected alone, while the memcards slots know when something is in, and it can lead to misbehaviors when something is in and doesn't communicate (typical with an empty SDGecko)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:36 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:31 pm

keeping the SD2SP2 connected, but empty is not the same as keeping the SDGecko inserted and empty,
this is confirmed by the adapted activity performed in the LED activity _ :!:
SWISS USER :geek:
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:12 pm

The three emulators are now ok with SD2SP2, but still, the programs are unable to create their own cofiguration file and folder, and it doesn't come in the archive too. Also the SD2SP2 can't be added as the default volume via the settings menu.

You can copy from one you have that works, as I did from Snes9x to FCEUGX, or you can download them from this link as long as there has been an upload for less than 30 days.

http://dl.free.fr/i3KMJGRBa

For VBAGX, it works by creating an appropriate folder and copying another's conf file too!
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)