WHere to I get the Snes9x RX or newest emulator for snes on gamecube

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
EDGE1971

WHere to I get the Snes9x RX or newest emulator for snes on gamecube

Post by EDGE1971 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:06 pm

I cant seem t o see a download section on here. Which is the best emulator for the snes to play on the GameCube?
Andross89

Re: WHere to I get the Snes9x RX or newest emulator for snes on gamecube

Post by Andross89 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:45 pm

This specific version of this emulator is what works best for me:

https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/releases/tag/4.4.6

If you have problems, try to put each ROM in a folder and respect the size of the PNG images(316x224).
Papy.G

Re: WHere to I get the Snes9x RX or newest emulator for snes on gamecube

Post by Papy.G » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:25 pm

There is Niuus's version, the RX, that, if we follow the numbering scheme, might be the most up to date regarding the ported core, but I still use dborth's one anyways. :P

The maximum size has been adjusted recently (max 640x480), as well as the screenshots to be able to show them when selecting a game.

The three dborth emulators are ok with SD2SP2, but still, they are unable to create their own cofiguration file and folder, and it doesn't come in the archive too. Also the SD2SP2 can't be added as the default volume via the settings menu.

You can copy from one you have that works, as I did from Snes9x to FCEUGX, or you can download them from this link as long as there has been an upload for less than 30 days.

http://dl.free.fr/i3KMJGRBa

For VBAGX, it works by creating an appropriate folder (vbagx) and copying another's conf file into it!
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)