BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Latest site specific news
AwesomeMarioFan

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Post by AwesomeMarioFan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:19 pm

Hey Mega, was planning to order a few backup parts from your website, and I had two questions:
- How much is shipping to the US?
- May I get the drive board & connector included in my order? (I should be placing it soon, the account email should be edit@gmail.com), if this isn't possible that's fine, I was just wondering.
Thanks,
~ AwesomeMarioFan
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:28 am

emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
baldjared

Post by baldjared » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:14 pm

Those are some sweet deals man.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:45 pm

sweet dude - i wish i had the money for a v4 :(
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
dilav

Post by dilav » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:46 am

Awesome, ordered a few Megadrives
tesla246

Post by tesla246 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:38 pm

Very nice deals, immediately order a second v5, v3 as backup incl. wasp, for 65 bucks.
Dream mod: HI-speed port device utilizing 4:4:4 RGB 32 bit colour, 720p video and variable refresh rate. :shock:
Favourite mod: GC Loader flashed with latest swiss.
Eagerly awaiting a normal, form-factor wise, wireless controller with rumble. :)
Xesxen

Post by Xesxen » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:39 pm

I'm actually curious how many orders you've received with these deals :)
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:59 am

i just ordered the megadrive v3 to go with the wasp i bought from the site i cant wait.

also does anyone know anyone who actually fitted a wii drive in the gamecube case because i would like to do that and probs will but going off pictures and info from someone who has already done it would make it easier.

and a few other things:
does audio streaming work with the wasp and megadrive v3.
where is my wasp hologram from when i ordered the wasp fusion from you :P
have you even tryed using a longer drive ribbon cable so you could fit the wasp into the sd case and have access to both externally because clearly it would fit in aswell as the sd card board.
do i need to use a momentary switch and if so where do i solder the wires too.
and finally im pretty good at soldering do you have a picture of where i solder the switch too on the megadrive v3 if i want to use it

thank you
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:04 pm

RazorX2014 wrote:i just ordered the megadrive v3 to go with the wasp i bought from the site i cant wait.

also does anyone know anyone who actually fitted a wii drive in the gamecube case because i would like to do that and probs will but going off pictures and info from someone who has already done it would make it easier.

and a few other things:
does audio streaming work with the wasp and megadrive v3.
where is my wasp hologram from when i ordered the wasp fusion from you :P
have you even tryed using a longer drive ribbon cable so you could fit the wasp into the sd case and have access to both externally because clearly it would fit in aswell as the sd card board.
do i need to use a momentary switch and if so where do i solder the wires too.
and finally im pretty good at soldering do you have a picture of where i solder the switch too on the megadrive v3 if i want to use it

thank you
DVD drive is required for audio streaming..
you will also have to perform the "MEGAwire mod" if you plan to fit a GC DVD drive or Wii DVD drive with V3..
you will need to perform extra steps if you plan to use a Wii DVD drive because it will need a wii drive chip..

here is the info on the type of momntary switches required, how they are connected, and for what purpose they should be connected..
http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph ... a_GameCube
and some extra info viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1735
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
tesla246

Post by tesla246 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:05 am

Mega, I ordered a few things a month ago (see a few posts backs), but haven't received a any update, only receipt and order confirmation, not ''your order is shipped''. Can you look into this? my oder ID is #363. Thanks.
Dream mod: HI-speed port device utilizing 4:4:4 RGB 32 bit colour, 720p video and variable refresh rate. :shock:
Eagerly awaiting a normal, form-factor wise, wireless controller with rumble. :)
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:56 pm

There are only a few ahead of yours...
Order "should" go out soon

Image Image Image
tesla246

Post by tesla246 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Thanks for the reply, I will await further notice.
Waterpater

Post by Waterpater » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Holy shitballs, everything is so cheap!

Defenitly bookmarking this one
Sony and Microsoft are commiting suïcide by joining the console war, no one can compete against Nintendo
Seref

Post by Seref » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:00 pm

I wanted to ask when the new things will be avaiable again? like the wasp fusion ( I think with swiss autoboot installed) and the megadrive v5.
Also how expensive is the shipping to germany/europe ? Is the wasp fusion compatible to the pal gc with a dolphin 01 cpu board ? Like are there any problems or incompatible games?

Oh and where can I get the hdmi mod for the digital out port, how much would that cost?
thanks!
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:32 am

products should be available again for purchase in Feb.
I am currently trying to catch up on all past orders before taking any new orders.

shipping to germany for just a WASP and MEGAdrive should be about 6$ - 10$
WASP is compatible with PAL GCs

currently if you want DVI video only over HDMI, then you have to build it yourself
there is no information available at this time of any video products to be sold at BadAssConsoles...
but once there is information available then you better be sure to get in line as fast as you can...

Image Image Image
Seref

Post by Seref » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Okay thanks!
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:56 am

This message is for those not following @BadAssConsoles on twitter:

As initially indicated upon starting the webstore it was mentioned I would eventually expand to provide support for other consoles.
Well that time is now.
The latest expansion to BadAssConsoles.com:
http://www.badassconsoles.com/nintendo-64/

plus more new products coming soon.
follow on twitter to stay informed with the latest news... ( or dont follow, its your loss )

Image Image Image
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:07 am

megalomaniac wrote:This message is for those not following @BadAssConsoles on twitter:

As initially indicated upon starting the webstore it was mentioned I would eventually expand to provide support for other consoles.
Well that time is now.

follow on twitter to stay informed with the latest news... ( or dont follow, its your loss )
The ultra HDMI for n64 is that your design or are you just promoting the concept? I know the GCvideo-lite can be used on the n64
meneerbeer

Post by meneerbeer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:01 am

andre104623 wrote:
megalomaniac wrote:This message is for those not following @BadAssConsoles on twitter:

Well that time is now.

The ultra HDMI for n64 is that your design or are you just promoting the concept? I know the GCvideo-lite can be used on the n64
UltraHDMI is from the same guy that does the 64Drive (MarshallH). This time he has decided to sell it through others.
novenary

Post by novenary » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Yeah the installation apparently involves soldering a flexible PCB to IC legs so he sells it through installers.
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:08 pm

meneerbeer wrote:
andre104623 wrote:

Well that time is now.

UltraHDMI is from the same guy that does the 64Drive (MarshallH). This time he has decided to sell it through others.
I could never bring myself to buy a n64 flashkit there outrageouly expensive even the ones without a case and region chip. $200!? Why, are the components rare? I mean I could buy a ds flashkit for $12 and the most expensive flashkit I own is for my gamegear that I bought from stone age gamer while back I understand there custom made flashkits but Mega makes the megadrive v4 and I would put money on the fact that he spends a shit ton more time building them then say a PCB flashkit
meneerbeer

Post by meneerbeer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:34 pm

andre104623 wrote: I could never bring myself to buy a n64 flashkit there outrageouly expensive even the ones without a case and region chip. $200!? Why, are the components rare? I mean I could buy a ds flashkit for $12 and the most expensive flashkit I own is for my gamegear that I bought from stone age gamer while back I understand there custom made flashkits but Mega makes the megadrive v4 and I would put money on the fact that he spends a shit ton more time building them then say a PCB flashkit
A flashdrive for old consoles is a lot harder to make than one for the DS. On the N64 there is a ton of different saving methods that need to be implemented etc. The 64drive uses an FPGA and some other chips. Not sure about the FPGA's price, but I do not think it uses one of the cheapest. I think the PCB is 4 layers, which also adds up to the price. Not sure how he handles production on it, but I think he used to do it himself. Other than that, it is low volume production anyways.

Yes, there is most likely a huge profit margin on the hardware, but it definitely does not consist of cheap parts.

To be honest, the complexity of the 64drive does not really compare to any of the parts that Badassconsoles sells.
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:51 pm

meneerbeer wrote:
andre104623 wrote: I could never bring myself to buy a n64 flashkit there outrageouly expensive even the ones without a case and region chip. $200!? Why, are the components rare? I mean I could buy a ds flashkit for $12 and the most expensive flashkit I own is for my gamegear that I bought from stone age gamer while back I understand there custom made flashkits but Mega makes the megadrive v4 and I would put money on the fact that he spends a shit ton more time building them then say a PCB flashkit
A flashdrive for old consoles is a lot harder to make than one for the DS. On the N64 there is a ton of different saving methods that need to be implemented etc. The 64drive uses an FPGA and some other chips. Not sure about the FPGA's price, but I do not think it uses one of the cheapest. I think the PCB is 4 layers, which also adds up to the price. Not sure how he handles production on it, but I think he used to do it himself. Other than that, it is low volume production anyways.

Yes, there is most likely a huge profit margin on the hardware, but it definitely does not consist of cheap parts.

To be honest, the complexity of the 64drive does not really compare to any of the parts that Badassconsoles sells.
The megadrive v4 is more complex then you think. Mega really broke the mold with that design
meneerbeer

Post by meneerbeer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:20 pm

I am looking at a video of the V4. It looks pretty cool. It seems to me only one side of the DVD connector is soldered to it. Does that mean only one side of the connector has the relevant signals?

Edit: oh wait, there are a few other signals at the other side.
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:35 pm

meneerbeer wrote:I am looking at a video of the V4. It looks pretty cool. It seems to me only one side of the DVD connector is soldered to it. Does that mean only one side of the connector has the relevant signals?

Edit: oh wait, there are a few other signals at the other side.
It's a really cool concept but it has one huge problem the way it's installed is crazy. I been waiting for his video for how he does the upside down soldering really want to see that