Blank screen on Gamecube but not Wii

All your console related questions and answers :)
miltonfool

Blank screen on Gamecube but not Wii

Post by miltonfool » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:40 pm

Hi! I just purchased an older game - Scooby Doo: Night of 100 Frights - off of ebay, and it seems to not be working on my gamecube. The system boots up just fine, and when I go to the menu it recognizes the game for what it is. However, when I attempt to start the game, all I get is a black screen with no audio or error messages of any kind. I put in a few other games and the Gamecube ran them (Spider-Man 2, Melee, and Mario Sunshine) just fine. When I got the Wii out and put the Scooby-Doo game in there, I could play it with no problems. I've never encountered a problem like this before, so I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if this is a problem with the system or with the game, because I'm lost. Thanks!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Blank screen on Gamecube but not Wii

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:13 pm

miltonfool wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:40 pm
Hi! I just purchased an older game - Scooby Doo: Night of 100 Frights - off of ebay, and it seems to not be working on my gamecube. The system boots up just fine, and when I go to the menu it recognizes the game for what it is. However, when I attempt to start the game, all I get is a black screen with no audio or error messages of any kind. I put in a few other games and the Gamecube ran them (Spider-Man 2, Melee, and Mario Sunshine) just fine. When I got the Wii out and put the Scooby-Doo game in there, I could play it with no problems. I've never encountered a problem like this before, so I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if this is a problem with the system or with the game, because I'm lost. Thanks!
If you can run homebrew on that GameCube, try to dump the disc with cleanrip. It could be having a read error at a point where error handling hasn't been set up yet properly.

If you have a xeno GC installed it might also be trying to patch the apploader and somehow causing incompatibility.