Swiss: Action Replay/SDLOADER, "Too many patches enabled, memory limit reached!" error

All your console related questions and answers :)
nrqnrq

Swiss: Action Replay/SDLOADER, "Too many patches enabled, memory limit reached!" error

Post by nrqnrq » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:24 pm

Hello,

I'm loading Swiss through Action Replay/SDLOADER from SD Gecko in Slot A, images on SD in SD2SP2 and I'm getting the "Out of memory, too many patches enabled" error on all versions after r867, which is the last working version for me. Tried r870, r876, r878 and r888.

Is there something I can change on my end? There's another thread featuring that error, but it seems to be IDE-EXI specific there.

Thanks in Advance!

EDIT:
The original wording is "Too many patches enabled, memory limit reached!".

Papy.G

Re: Swiss: Action Replay/SDLOADER, "Too many patches enabled, memory limit reached!" error

Post by Papy.G » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:15 am

Try to disable the most patches and cheats, if it works, re-enable them one by one to see where it gets stuck.

If it's with a specific game only, see the GC forever wiki compatibility list.

Try to use the most recent SWISS release as much as possible.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
nrqnrq

Re: Swiss: Action Replay/SDLOADER, "Too many patches enabled, memory limit reached!" error

Post by nrqnrq » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:31 am

Thanks for the reply. I'll try disabling patches later this evening.

Currently playing Skies of Arcadia, which worked fine for the past months. That's also what I tried r870, r876, r878 and r888 with.

I'm only getting this error with Swiss r870, r876, r878 and r888. I only update very irregularly, but before r870 everything worked fine for me. Last one before r867 was r836, IIRC.
nrqnrq

Post by nrqnrq » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:40 pm

So, tried it with disabling everything on r888, which is the newest release.

The good news is: after disabling everything games seem to load fine. Only tried it with Pikmin and Skies of Arcadia, but I assume when those load everything else should work, too.

The bad news: as soon as I enable Widescreen (2D+3D) on Skies of Arcadia I get the out of memory error. That's disappointing (well, for me), as being able to play this game in widescreen is the reason for playing it again. I'm using it with an OSSC and the official component cables and it looks absolutely wonderful (except for a few popups here and there due to the widescreen patches, but I can easily live with that).

Now, the workaround for me is going back to r867, obviously, as the game works with widescreen patches enabled. Too bad it doesn't work on the newest versions.
nrqnrq

Post by nrqnrq » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:47 pm

Hey, tried it again with the release r906 and as soon as I enable a widescreen patch on any game I get the "Too many patches enabled" error message. Everything seems to work fine without widescreen patch and everything works with r867.

This seems to be unrelated to booting method, as I get the same error since I installed a XenoGC chip yesterday and boot Swiss from DVD-R now.

Should I submit an entry to the issue tracker for that?

EDIT: Turns out there's already an open issue for that problem. :(