Gbihf 1080i/cmpv preset with bitfunx component cable

All your console related questions and answers :)
Rkryg

Gbihf 1080i/cmpv preset with bitfunx component cable

Post by Rkryg » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:39 pm

First of all Gbi, Swiss, amazing stuff!

I now have the bitfunx component cable.
I see mentioning of/tests with this cable on the gbi wiki pages.
Though I don’t see any mentioning of the problem I’m experiencing.

So using the gbihf 1080i/cmpv preset, I’m experiencing shaky/jumpy pixels horizontally. This happens when there is no movement/scrolling. Or at least that is when I notice it.

Does anyone else experience this?
Would the issue be with the bitfunx component cable or with the retrotink 5x pro (latest firmware)? Or combination? (I can’t test the component cable into a crt unfortunately)

Thanks in advance for any input.
Extrems

Re: Gbihf 1080i/cmpv preset with bitfunx component cable

Post by Extrems » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:50 pm

I did notice jitter on my Datapath VisionRGB-E1 (direct connection), but not on the other tested devices. I didn't bother with the RetroTINK-5X Pro since that's not a sane use case.
Rkryg

Re: Gbihf 1080i/cmpv preset with bitfunx component cable

Post by Rkryg » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:03 pm

Many thanks for your feedback.

You mean by connecting the GameCube to the VisionRGB-E1 using the bitfunx component cable?
So then it’s something to do with the bitfunx cable it seems.
I was interested in the 1080i mode and also in trying out the pretty cool scanline options which the rt5x pro has.
(Main reason I have the rt5x pro though is for other consoles).
Though I was considering selling the retrobit prism, but seems I better keep it/continue to use that instead. At least for Gbi, the Gbihf gcdv v3 preset with the retrobit prism gives me much better result compared to any preset I tried so far with the rt5x pro.

I noticed the same shacking/jitter but vertically by the way in some images/areas when forcing 1080i basically in all games I tested so far. Some more than others. Luigi’s mansion during the conversation with prof Gadd mainly noticeable in chat bubbles.
And other games more noticeable in many areas, but I don’t know if they support 1080i well. Generally during movement it’s not visible/not so noticeable.

Thanks again.