In dilly of a pickle if continue boot Swiss via disc

All your console related questions and answers :)
mistamontiel

In dilly of a pickle if continue boot Swiss via disc

Post by mistamontiel » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:21 pm

So, I never wanted no burns my use case is jus testing things from SD, n also I require the force 480p for some titles because my VGA monitor refuses 480i

So now it struggles she struggles so hard to boot Swiss! What's that hardware I heard of bit ago that can boot from, uhm unused serial port?

EDIT: SD2SP2? This costs peanuts from castlemaniagames, asseumbled! Does this actually make Xeno useless? Gotta check last Swiss now, DOL for the root? Does this still pair with my Gecko memory slot>SD or all jus runs from serial 2? Guess makes that worthless too sorry many questions!

EDIT 2: Knew not this easy.. Serial Port 2 comes only to the second revision models that removes Digital port that removes progressive scan? My Digital-enabled model is black shell if that means hope..
Papy.G

Re: In dilly of a pickle if continue boot Swiss via disc

Post by Papy.G » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:22 pm

SD2SP2 are cheap, and there is also a new one with side slot, but they mainly work as the SD Gecko, and you can boot SWISS off an SD card via a game exploit with those. You may not need more than a SD Gecko, if you already have one.
Essentially no need for burned discs, no need for Xeno chip. (the con is you won't see anything on the display befor SWISS is booted, so a fast and simple access exploit is advised)

There are three different GC types:
first DOL-001 with Digital and SP2
late DOL-001 with digital, but no SP2
DOL-101 without Digital nor SP2

Black, Indigo and Platinum probably existed in both variant, the only difference is the black back panel for all DOL-101.

No GameCube ever got progressive scan nor SP2 removed, they just aren't wired to an external connector.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:38 pm

Salute man

Nah with SD Gecko the memory card>SD the Gamecube BIOS does nothing with it, I need to unplug it all and have a look for SD2 hopeful
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:56 am

You won't be able to do better with an SD2SP2 than with an SD Gecko.

GC BIOS is not able to do anything by itself with SD2SP2, it is not an ODE.

For first access if your GC is picky with SWISS burned disc, you have to find an exploitable game's original disc, and set up an exploit with a boot forwarder on a memcard.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:39 am

Well, is there still no way to power on straight into Swiss? Haven't checked for savegame exploit do they come in Swiss archive?

I picked back up on my PSO updated Swiss and gcmm but the Swiss burn was being rejected so much.. I burnt another and got lucky it did second read attempt

Why won't Swiss be dummied? I tried this to no avail this python script nothing, and since I realized Taiyo Yuden made DVDs! ..how do I get a fullsized shell in black even?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:20 am

Yes! Lucky you are, there is now picoboot, if you still don't want to set up a game exploit. (you can run GCMM on a Wii through letterbomb exploit to set this up)

Burning discs and full size DVD cases are techniques from another era, you can't seriously go that way in 2023…

mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:20 pm

Wow, so it is Picoboot also paired with SD2SP2? My setup is complete minus those, I've the Gameboy Player and the ethernet adapter installed, is the SD2SP2 able to go in?

I regret to admit I have no solder experience, my Xeno I bought this unit pre-installed for me
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:27 pm

Yes, Picoboot can use the SD2SP2 (You'll still need SD Gecko for some older homebrews.
Anyways, you can get the Picoboot installed, it may be wiser. ;) (And maybe rip off the Xeno in the same round.)
Everything can get along, each one has its own slot. 8-)

mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:58 pm

My golly WAOWY. I got to try these

My cube loves dummied finally and I skipped the dollz utility so Swiss' DOL is the bootldr.dol, perfection! And boot.dol for SD>memory card so always up-to-date

Picoboot sure is too I think with SD>memory card I won't need SD2SP2! In the fatal event my drive ceases to read Picoboot is definitely my next move :idea: