Panasonic Q Ejects when powered on or right after closing

All your console related questions and answers :)
DrunkenMonk

Panasonic Q Ejects when powered on or right after closing

Post by DrunkenMonk » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:28 pm

So I swapped the drive with a "new" one from a panasonic XV-10, works great, reads discs like a champ and even has intact drive rails, ejecting looks steady - however for some reason when I power it on, it'll just randomly eject, even after I close the tray, it'll just eject again after closing, and this is the case 9 times out of 10, if I play with it enough it does eventually seem to work. I figured this was the lid switch that looked identical between the two drives so I didn't bother switching it, so I swapped over the lid switch mechanisms and it still happens. Neither drive had this ejecting issue before the swap took place and tearing this thing down each time to check something else is a pain. Anybody have any insight? My only horse in this race was the lid switch but having swapped it out and experiencing the same problem, I'm not entirely convinced it's the issue.

Appreciate any insight
DrunkenMonk

Re: Panasonic Q Ejects when powered on or right after closing

Post by DrunkenMonk » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:51 pm

Issue resolved, I ended up inspecting the terminal in which the JST connects and there were a few cold joints, resoldering them was sufficient
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Panasonic Q Ejects when powered on or right after closing

Post by emu_kidid » Tue May 03, 2022 11:15 am

That's pretty cool, it's a straight swap essentially?